Fortinet is looking for a highly motivated individual to support our rapid growth by running a regional deals desk function for the Americas. The Deal Desk Analyst will be part of a larger Global Deal Desk organization and will intersect with Sales, Legal, Finance, Order Management, Supply Chain Management and work with our channel partners to ensure desirable outcomes for our end customers. In this role, you will be acting as a strategic advisor, managing deal flow, driving sustainable growth while minimizing sales cycle times and reducing risk. Fantastic collaboration skills are a must!
Summary of job responsibilities
- Partner with Sales and other regional/global deals desk to structure large, highly complex transactions, and deals with multi country deployments.
- Assist the sales leaders stay on top of margin/discounting guidance and provide updates on inventory changes.
- Act as a trusted advisor and the subject matter expert for the Americas region on how to execute global deployments effectively
- Develop subject matter expertise for geo specific country regulations, help the customer deployment stays within compliance and be able to create a consistent view for the end customer
- Train the sales teams on our process and tools, designed to make them successful in global engagements.
- Help build process and pricing consistency, share best practices.
- Work cross-functionally with internal customers and stakeholders for input.
- Interact and manage sales engagement activities across pricing, deal review, legal/contracts
- Work with stakeholders who manage daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements, etc.
- Work with channel teams and partners to get quotes for international customer deployments, help standardize quotes
- Sustain Field Sales accountability across deal life cycle requirements, help with expeditious deal approval, and assist the sales teams get over internal hurdles to close their deal.
- Develop and enhance documentation on deal structure, variances that may be particular in the GEO and produce training material and help deliver training.
- Experience within Inside Sales, Channel Management or Deals Desk/Sales Ops. Ideally within the IT Industry – security and or networking sector
- Must be motivated, flexible and have a self-starter mentality
- High level of diligence in translating customer requirements and instructions into quotes
- SFDC/Salesforce.com knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience with Tableau or Clari would be an advantage
- Customer engagement skills a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Goal orientated and self-confident with the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work independently as well as part of a regional and global team
- Ability to direct stakeholders and hold peers accountable
- Ability to streamline, grow and manage a successful deal desk function
- Basic technical knowledge and understanding to be able to review customer proposals and quotes
- Bid Management and Proposal Creation Skills a Plus