Laborde Products is an innovative family-owned company with offices in Covington, LA and Deer Park, TX. We provide heavy-duty engines, equipment, service, and support for our customers in the Marine and Industrial/Oilfield markets.
We are currently seeking a Sales Operations Manager to join our growing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and development of our sales team and implementation of an effective sales process to maximize potential.
Operational Excellence and Execution
- Develops, implements, and manages effective departmental processes and procedures.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Sales to develop and implement strategy to achieve the budgets, KPI’s and Goals for the department.
- Manages all relevant internal data and systems (Customer, Engine, CRM, etc.)
- Plans and executes effective weekly sales meetings.
- Coordinates with other Department Leaders to manage and continually improve the cross-departmental interaction between Sales and all other department and branch operations.
- Coordinates with Accounting Management to control whole goods inventory for all product lines.
- Reviews quotes for accuracy and monitors billing.
- Coordinates with internal departments and customers to resolve order issues.
- Oversees logistics of projects to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Coordinates with Marketing to ensure that sales team has access to the most effective content.
- Manages and develops a sales team that successfully promotes our company and products in the market.
- Develops redundancy of roles and responsibilities to ensure continuity regardless of personnel.
- Coaches the sales team for continual improvement of performance.
- Develops and monitors performance metrics for each Team Member to ensure achievement of their goals.
- Meets with sales team members regularly to review opportunities, calendars, and ensure that activity metrics are being achieved.
- Develops and implements a training program for the Sales Team to ensure continual development and improvement of product knowledge, industry knowledge and sales skills.
- Holds the Sales Team accountable to following every step in the sales process.
- May perform other duties as required by business needs.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of sales management experience.
- Valid Driver's license with a clean driving record.
Skills you will need:
- Knowledge of CRM systems; Salesforce preferred.
- Strong leadership, team building, and sales coaching skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Extremely organized and capable of effective time management and planning.
- Strong communication skills.
- High energy with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Willing to face complex issues head on and work through challenges to build a stronger organization.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team with diverse personalities. Tactful and mature.
- Strong customer service mentality.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This position operates in both an office and industrial environment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require some standing and walking at times.
- This position requires the ability to lift items up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Work Schedule and Benefits:
- This position is expected to work eight-hour days, Monday – Friday and will include occasional travel for industry events and meetings as needed to fulfill the job duties.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, & Life Insurance
- 401k plans with company match
- Paid Time Off & Company Holidays
At Laborde Products, we are committed to the success of our company and fellow team members. We do that through teamwork and completing every task with the highest level of honesty, integrity and enthusiasm.
We value equal opportunity employment and are committed to hiring individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected group.
If you share our same values and are interested in joining a dynamic team, we invite you to submit your resume today. Let’s grow together!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Covington, LA 70435: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Sales management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location