Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over fifty biopharmaceutical companies and all twenty-seven of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Screening Core is a dedicated organization inside of Guardant Health focused on the development and commercialization of the early cancer detection LUNAR portfolio. The Screening Core’s singular focus on bringing our early cancer detection products to market allows us to act with the speed and urgency needed to achieve our ambitious goals and serve the millions of individuals who can benefit from early cancer detection.
You are driven, resourceful, smart and above all – mission-driven.
You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable. You thrive in a fast-paced, changing, and growing environment, think strategically regarding vision and design of programs, and can bring creative solutions from data and business needs. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you are known for your good nature. You have a hunger for data and automation and enjoy building and delivering insights to help drive data-driven decision making. If this describes you, you will fit right in at Guardant Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
About the Role:
The Director, Sales Operations leads the development of a best-in-class sales operations function that supports the Guardant Health Screening Core sales force. This role is focused on management of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, enabling Sales Force Automation and Administration (SFAA), Sales Planning, Phlebotomy Operations, providing insights to maximize sales force productivity and the development and implementation of sales force incentive compensation.
- Recruit and lead Sales Operations team to support GH Screening Core sales force
- Partner with IT to design and implement CRM and SFAA resources
- Develop and manage KPI dashboards that support maximizing sales force productivity
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization (Marketing, Sales, Market Insights & Analytics, IT) to support achievement of volume and revenue targets
- Develop and implement targeting and territory alignments for GH Screening Core sales force
- Partner with sales, marketing, and finance leadership to develop and operationalize Incentive Compensation model for GH Screening Core sales force
- Partner with leaders across the organization (IT, laboratory, Analytics, and Operations) to streamline and harmonize data stewardship and governance
- Lead continuous improvement projects within functions to participate in other organizations projects to improve efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience and knowledge in field force planning and optimization, territory planning and alignment and incentive compensation design, analytics, and operations.
- 7+ years of experience in sales/commercial operations in a diagnostic, pharmaceutical or medical device company OR consulting for these industries
- Ability to combine primary and secondary data and market research insights to support sales tactics, strategy and planning activities
- Experience building and leading sales/commercial operations teams
- Demonstrated ability to support the development and implementation of CRM systems, including territory alignments, targeting, data integrity and governance
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities which provide actionable insights for sales leadership to maximize sales force productivity
- Success in partnering with IT to implement systems, tools, and drive change management with sales teams
- Must have experience with Excel & PowerPoint (advanced), territory mapping software, CRM, and data visualization tools (example of tools: AlignStar, Salesforce.com/Veeva or Tableau)
- Experience with car allowance program a plus (Motus, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred (PHD, MBA). Concentration in finance is beneficial
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/