About ThousandEyes (part Of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco's Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco's growing Observability business.What You’ll Do
We are growing rapidly and are seeking a person to help drive our Deal Desk function to help support the growth of our sales and commercial teams within the company.Reporting to the Head of Finance of ThousandEyes, you will have responsibilities for the following:
Who You'll Work With
- Manage the development and performance of best-in-class deal desk team
- Review deal structures, discounts, and non-standard commercial terms in partnership with Finance, Sales and Legal
- Partner closely with Global Sales Leadership, Legal, Product and Marketing on go to market initiatives across various Cisco routes-to-market while optimizing for customer experience, revenue, profitability, and compliance
- Develop an in depth understanding of licensing models and key SaaS metrics (ACV, TCV, ARR).
- Create ad hoc analyses on various sales metrics.
This position will be joining the Finance team and will have an immediate and significant impact on paving the way for an outstanding Deal Desk team. You will build cross-functional, collaborative relationships across commercial finance, accounting, legal, operations, and sales to navigate the efficient deal structures for our customers and our business.Who You Are
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; Finance, Business, Economics, or Math undergrad majors preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a related or similar role in a high growth professional organization
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong Excel modeling skills & SFDC experience
- A strong understanding of SaaS business & sales models is a plus
- Prior experience in Deal Desk partnering with a rapidly growing sales organization is highly desired
- Strong business partnering and relationship building skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Why Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.