Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,000 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com .Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.Job Summary
We have an opportunity for a Senior Director, Sales Excellence
to join our Sales Operations team remote in Canada, US or EMEA. In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Revenue Operations and be responsible for the strategy and execution around sales enablement content, sales talent management programs and channel enablement programs. You will collaborate with executive sales leadership to give insights and recommendations for sales strategy and processes and the execution thereof. In addition, this role leads the SDR and BDR teams to help drive top of the funnel growth.Sales Strategy And Alignment
Sales Enablement Content Strategy
- Provide recommendations to inform GTM strategy, especially regarding sales execution and performance
- Align consultative, solution sales processes with Sales Strategy
- Align selling processes and enablement for channel with Sales Strategy
- Provide stakeholder input for sales-related systems that will help drive transformation, such as CRM, CPQ and PRM
- Define a value-based, customer-centric sales enablement content strategy aligned with customer buying journey to decrease sales cycle time and increase win rates.
- For sales, channel and customers, at each stage in buying journey, align content and tools to manage momentum of sales cycle with an eye toward increasing wins and decreasing time to win.
- Partner with sales, marketing and PLM to define tools, templates, and collateral to support GTM goals and strategies.
- Define and drive content alignment, development, delivery and lifecycle processes for this new practice
- Define and drive cadence of release, communication and execution around enablement content
- Oversee content development with internal and vendor resources
- Ensure content is centralized, organized, and proactively served in an easy-to-use content delivery system
- Enable proactive cadence of communication and change management for sales ecosystem
Channel Certification & Enablement Programs
- Define Sales training programs to drive pipeline build and wins
- Oversee content development with internal and vendor resources
- Partner with sales leaders to define & implement training programs to optimize consultative and solution sales skills & methods among all sales team members
- Identify and leverage sales performance metrics to drive talent management efforts
- Ensure learning systems and technology are selected and deployed for an elegant user experience
- Develop and deliver training for sales leadership to enhance sales performance management
Demand Generation Leader
- Define and oversee the training, certification and content strategies to increase effectiveness of multi-model channel
- Define communication cadence for partners on topics of certification and sales enablement tools
- Deliver learning and enablement content in a manner that differentiates Sierra Wireless with our Partner ecosystem
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Meet or exceed Inside Sales department targets and quotas
- Coach and inspire team members to perform their best – conduct weekly 1:1’s, mentoring and development sessions for the team
- Develop sales key performance indicators and develop a system to consistently measure and improve performance to meet targets
- Define strategies for top of the funnel pipeline build via lead handling and prospecting
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales leadership to ensure effective processes are in place to generate Sales Accepted Leads and Book Meetings which yield meaningful opportunities
- Feedback to Product Management, Marketing and other cross functional teams the voice of customer around messaging and lead generation techniques
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of proven experience in a similar sales enablement role
- Proven track record developing & implementing content and enablement strategies to improve sales effectiveness.
- Background in training and adult education, product marketing, sales enablement or similar practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced organization in high-growth phase
- Strong leader of people who excels at creating and driving a collaborative culture
- Passionate about improving sales effectiveness
- Highly competent & curious with a positive attitude
- Sense of humor
What We Offer
- Sales or sales management experience
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our US benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
We host various social events throughout the year where we have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Emerging Professionals, Pride@Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!How To Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com . If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.