Vice President, Sales (REMOTE! - U.S. Based)
About The Role:
We seek an experienced Vice President of Sales for our quickly growing organization. As part of the Sales team, you will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and ultimately be responsible for the overall sales results at Accredible. If sales is in your blood, you are a self-starter, are performance-driven, and value an exceptional work culture, we welcome you at Accredible.
We have effective inbound and outbound lead generation strategies and are steadily growing our sales pipeline. We currently have a mid-sized team of SDRs and AEs/SAEs in the U.S. and the U.K. We have sales enablement and revenue operations functions with key foundational processes in place. Here is what we need from you to take us to the next level.
First year outcomes;
By the end of your first year in this role, you will have:
- Achieved strong revenue results against set targets (based on historical data)..
- Developed a high performing sales team where 80% of reps are consistently hitting their targets.
- Developed positive and collaborative cross-functional relationships with the Marketing, Revenue Operations, Enablement and SDR teams.
- Maintained and improved upon sales metrics like win rate, close time, and average deal size.
- Worked with Sales Enablement to ensure our onboarding experience, training, ramp time, and ongoing training/upskilling are exceptional.
- Collaborated with Marketing to build out collateral that helps the Sales team win deals.
- Created a consistent feedback loop to the SLT and in particular, the Product team to help provide frontline data on potential roadmap additions.
- Consistently set and achieved ambitious quarterly OKRs.
- Successfully scaled the Sales team; added new team members with strong sales competencies and cultural fit.
- Retained and continued to develop our existing sales reps and management team.
- Embodied and promoted our exceptional culture within the Sales team and throughout the organization.
- Foresight. You are action-oriented with a results-oriented mindset; you need to both deliver near term results while laying the foundation for future growth.
- Vision. You have the ability to set a clear and compelling Sales vision, define the mission, and are able to execute on the associated strategy.
- Hands-on orientation. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves with the team in achieving exceptional results.
- Forecasting. For our sales activities, you are shrewd when it comes to making informed estimates and projecting trends to set realistic expectations.
- Demonstrable success. You have proven success (at least 5 years of experience) with mid-stage startup sales teams still 2-3x-ing ARR.
- Motivation. You are a successful people leader who can motivate the team to achieve their best results.
- Low attrition. You have a track record of attracting and retaining exceptional sales talent.
- Data mindset. You are data-led and analytical; you have a history of using data to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales process.
- Presentation skills. You speak well, write well, and keep things simple in delivering superb presentations.
- Proficiency. You must have a high personal proficiency level in sales alongside a consistent track record of exceeding sales goals. You must not hesitate to make direct use of those skills to assist your team.
- Negotiation. You are a savvy negotiator.
- Accountability. You are naturally accountable and drive a high-performance culture.
- Team-first mentality. You foster a team-first focused culture.
- Hunger. You are competitive and tenacious to the core.
- EdTech Experience.
Accredible’s culture is special; those who are successful share common behaviors. If the following behaviors describe how you work and thrive in your career, then Accredible may be the place for you! We are:
- Results Oriented. The outcome is what matters.
- Proactive. We are allergic to being blocked and empower our team members to move forward with solutions rather than requesting permission.
- Dependable. We don’t fail silently and don’t let each other down.
- Prioritizers. We focus most on those things that can truly move the needle forward.
- Biased Toward Action. We dive into projects immediately without delay.
- Humble in Feedback and Debate. We debate like scientists and truth wins quickly.
- Supportive. We win or lose as a team.
- Ambitious. We are building a cathedral, not a church.
- Focused on Building. We leave things better than we found them.
- Great Communicators. We are respectful but don’t shy away from feedback; we always try to add to the morale and atmosphere in a meeting through the way we communicate with each other.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Paid medical/dental/vision for your and your dependents.
- 35 days annual vacation.
- Pre-IPO equity shares.
- Generous sick time and compassionate leave to support our team members’ health needs, and physical and mental well-being.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid long term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Flexible hours & remote work; while we fully support digital nomads, you must be able to align with your team’s predominant time zones.
- A high-energy, collaborative, and supportive high-growth organization backed by some of Silicon Valley's top venture capital investors.
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
- Many additional perks!
Accredible’s solutions enable world-class educational institutions, corporate development and certification programs, professional associations and learning management platforms to issue digital, verifiable credentials, awards, badges and certificates. Through the sharing of credentials on social media platforms, inclusion in on-line professional directories, and customized data on educational and career paths, recipients of digital credentials powered by Accredible are provided control over their learning and professional outcomes. Our customers include Google, Harvard, MIT, Oxford University, McGraw Hill, Slack, iHop, GMAC, the CFP Board and 1500+ others, on behalf of whom we have issued over 45 million credentials to over 11 million recipients all over the world, with a growth rate of over 1.5 million new credentials issued per month. After first hitting profitability and then raising our Series A, the company has grown from a team of fifteen to a team of 100; we are looking for exceptional people to join us along our path to becoming the world’s primary source of verified credentials and data to drive educational and career journeys. We are looking for exceptional people who will help us expand our extraordinary culture with career experiences represented by our 5-star Glassdoor rating!
Open and Inclusive. We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
- Remote First. Accredible is truly a global team. From Cape Town to Vancouver, London to San Francisco, our employees live and work in the places where they thrive, wherever they thrive.
- Growing Strong. We are growing and will continue to expand rapidly. We seek to increase momentum and build a professional, scalable, and efficient team whilst maintaining our friendly, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- We Love What We Do. Our co-founders' passion for Accredible's purpose has permeated throughout our organization... and it shows in our culture, our product, and our customer service.