At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and analytical individual who can work in an extremely dynamic environment. This role will encompass three facets of the Business Management and Planning team within the Data Center HDD Business Unit: Business and Segment Marketing team.Planning: Provide input in rolling 8 quarter forecasts for respective customer segment
Pricing: Responsible RFQ response and other deal desk activities for respective customer segment
- Collaborate with finance and sales to manage portfolio share, revenue and margin target.
- Work closely with finance and sales on modeling scenario for individual account portfolio plans including TAM, volume, mix, price.
- Organize forecast interlock meeting/discussion with Sales, Product Marketing and submit forecast input on time to planning lead as well as load forecast to finance forecast system.
- Work with BU finance to provide business analytics.
- Provide market research insight including customer demand trending, competitive analysis (technology, product, price, cost, supply…).
- Provide analytics to support sales and marketing to prepare customer and internal QBR presentations.
Business Management: Monitor attainment, identify R&O and quarter close actions, drive task closure
- Create by account RFQ playbooks/deal structure/LTA (volume, share, mix, price, supply); articulate and guide sales team on deal positioning; drive communication and work cross-functionally to close RFQ and deals aligned to business targets.
- Provide business analytics including RFQ pricing economics, win/loss, competitive landscape, price trends, price volume sensitivity and other pricing intelligence and dashboard reports for business performance metrics.
- Proper documentation of pricing approval to comply with SOX requirement.
- Assist rebate reconciliation.
- Monitor shipment attainment, customer/Sales demand dynamics, Supply input and outputs, shortage/Surplus, inventory status, shipment linearity.
- Assess Risk & Opportunity; recommend by account target adjustment / change of course
- Work with Business Operation and Supply planning function on supply planning, positioning and allocation.
- Work with Sales teams to drive quarterly revenue execution.
- 5+ years of experience in Revenue planning, financial planning, Sales finance, business and product planning, or other related business managerial field.
- Intermediate to Advance Excel Skills are required.
- Comfortable analyzing large datasets and coming up with key conclusions from the data.
- Strong communication and presentation skill in both verbal and written.
- Energetic and proactive, being able to drive multiple projects under time pressure.
- Highly analytical, extremely detail oriented and able to guide team towards data driven decisions.
- Savvy with predictive modeling and data analytic tools including Hyperion Essbase, SQL, OBIEE, SAAS, Tableau a plus.
- Undergrad degree in business or finance preferred.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.