The Chief Revenue Officer will own this transformational and high-impact role through the development of the short and long-term revenue engine, targeting Canadian and US mid-tier financial institutions.
The ideal profile is someone who is capable of building and actioning a 3-5 year revenue roadmap, leading/building a team of high performers in both sales & marketing and owning the Go To Market Strategy.
This position will be part of the executive team at Blanc Labs and report to the CEO.
- Crafting revenue strategy to establish Blanc Labs as a market leader in mid-size financial services in North America
- Enhance and modify our Go To Market Strategy, to build a resilient Value Proposition that differentiates our offerings in the marketplace.
- Being the voice of our customers and our entire sales/marketing team at the executive level
- Enabling, empowering, and expanding a highly effective revenue team including sales, pre-sales, marketing, and alliance teams
- Owning the enterprise CRM (Hubspot) and driving the effective execution of standardized sales processes to drive pipeline growth and revenue
- Creating & deploying robust processes, success metrics, and success milestones
- Utilizing existing relationships and prospecting new ones via an internal network not readily available using conventional means
- Surfacing new opportunities via direct sales outreach, alliances, and account-based marketing
- Enabling the entire organization around the sales process and their understanding of each person’s contribution to it.
What Will It Take To Succeed:
- Key driver of the consistent delivery of our Value Proposition
- Relevant or transferable experience driving X multiple growths in revenue for new business in Fintech services/solutions
- Deep empathy for key customer personas, pain points and an in-depth understanding of the Financial Services industry challenges, drivers, ROI expectations and trends
- Highly affable, team player, roll-up the sleeves attitude in an entrepreneurial environment (Player Coach)
- Strong consultative sales experience for tech solutions, and selling services – with specific experience in selling to Financial Services clients. Preference will be given to those candidates that have worked in a banking environment
- Leverage existing personal network to land 3 new enterprise clients within the first year
- Excellent mental agility and acuity – ability to extract sound conclusions from data and evidence and act on them
- Data-driven decision making using Sales & Marketing Analytics
How Will You Be Measured (KPI & Planning):
- Annual Revenue from New and Existing Accounts
- Gross Margin of sold contracts
- Other KPIs and OKRs that are developed and refined over time, with the input of the CEO
Essential Experience and Capabilities Required:
- Senior / Executive level experience with consultative sales coming from a technology consulting environment.
- A capable and proven leader who can engage and influence both team members, peers and clients.
- A bachelor's degree in business or STEM-related major; Advanced degree is considered a plus.
- Ability to critically think about root problems and apply them to customer and internal solutions.
- You can lead (with empathy and logic) a team of dedicated sales and marketing people whose career aspirations are part of the growth plan.
- Proven experience in scaling services revenue at a technology consulting firm by 5X or more (ie. $5MM to $25+ MM).