Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or equivalent practical experience.
- Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant or other professional accounting accreditation.
- 15 years of experience in a public accounting firm and accounting experience within a technology organization.
- Experience in leadership guiding Accounting teams through change management.
About The Job
- Experience with SAP ERP Systems and Business Automation tools.
- Experience in a business partnership with financial planning and analysis (FP&A), legal, and sales operations.
- Experience in building and maintaining extended workforce accounting resources.
- Ability to influence across the company, interact at the executive level, and work well in ambiguity and matrix organization structure.
- Ability to problem-solve and navigate through complexity without losing sight of the big picture view.
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
Accelerate Google Cloud growth as a trusted advisor, guiding the business to make decisions that balance risk.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.Responsibilities
- Scale the business operations function to balance the mitigation of financial statement risk and enablement of Google Cloud business growth.
- Oversee the business accounting close process including data analyses, journal entries review, and reconciliation review.
- Implement process improvement initiatives to drive for scaling of the business operations process for complex business agreements with recurring agreement modifications, program introduction modifying business agreement terms.
- Create and maintain separate workstreams both focusing on scaling the manual business process in the short-term while driving for business recognition system implementation to scale business adjustments in the long-term.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .