Fortinet is expanding Deal Desk Function that goes beyond the current deal support or pricing support. The Deal Desk team makes a difference by providing a mechanism to support non-standard deal requests and helping sales navigate between various office functions. This allows Sales to focus on customer facing activities, while the Deals Desk helps coordinate interactions with internal teams as needed. The Deal Desk Director, LATAM will be responsible for collaborating very closely with the LATAM Field Sales Team, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance, Accounting and Product Management as well as other internal stakeholders to ensure that the Field Sales Teams have the support needed to achieve Organizational goals.Responsibilities
- In the Sales Finance organization, the Finance Deal Desk Director, LATAM partners with LATAM Sales to structure highly complex transactions, often with global deployments.
- Be a trusted finance business partner to the SVP of LATAM Sales and work closely with the sales leadership team in our Sunrise, Florida office
- Analyze sales deals for financial impact; Special pricing, Margin analysis, scenario analysis and deal structuring for revenue and gross margins
- Build business cases for investment accounts to gain Executive support and remain an active player throughout the sales cycle and exhibit professionalism.
- Develop quotes for Enterprise license agreements (ELA) and assist pricing team with proposals to large enterprise customers
- Support ad hoc reporting and financial projects; provide input and recommendations for streamlining processes and making process improvements
- Work cross-functionally with internal customers and stakeholders for input.
- Influence discount improvements through competitive intelligence and developing a subject matter expertise and to provide support where needed.
- Engage closely with Legal to support nonstandard commercial terms and conditions with proper approvals in place.
- Work with stakeholders who manage daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements, etc.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and serve as an escalation point to business leaders with proper rationale.
- Display senior level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary process, pricing and deal changes.
- 12+ years’ experience in supporting global organizations; operating a finance deal desk role and/or Sales finance experience running contractual negotiations and a team responsible for contractual negotiation.
- Thorough understanding of all industry standard and non-standard hardware and software selling models, including subscription, SaaS, term, on demand, consumption and etc.
- Good understanding of revenue recognition requirements.
- Strong and active listening skills and overall communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative in owning, dealing with and resolving problems on a logical basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize tasks and managing it well.
- Flexibility to adapt to constant change, detail oriented, thorough and responsive.
- Self-starter demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Fully in English and Spanish; MBA desired.
Fortinet has been built on diversity. Our company is a diverse workplace resulting from an integrated team with true international representation and contributors with a variety of talents, backgrounds, experiences, and approaches. We have an equal and transparent selection process, you will be considered regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability. In fact, if you have any disability that requires for us to do any accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.