We are currently seeking a Chief Operating and Financial Officerto join our team in our Bloomington, MN location.
Who We Are:
Lamex Foods, Inc. - One of the world's largest privately owned frozen and chilled food importers/exporters. Lamex Food Group is a worldwide network with 22 Lamex offices in 14 countries. Lamex Foods is part of a global food trading group headquartered in London, with $1.6b of revenue. In the nearly 40 years since its incorporation, Lamex Foods has become the largest single entity in the group, headquartered in Bloomington MN. The business is export driven with sales to more than 100 countries worldwide.
To learn more about us, please visit us at: http://www.lamexfoods.us
Lamex Foods, Inc. is seeking an exceptional COO/CFO to manage and support the US business. This individual will oversee the operational activities of the corporation across the North America, South America, and Asian offices. This individual will work with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the business. They will use their skills and experience to minimize risk across the business.
- Works with department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Analyzing strengths and weaknesses to propose corrective action plans.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Scrutiny of all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Preparing accurate forecasts so that management can make informed decisions about future investments.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses.
- Makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Treasury Maintenance and improvements.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Oversight of company accounts and investments.
- Oversight of Accounting department, budget preparations, and audit functions.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- CPA (active or inactive) required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance Required.
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience, ideally in supply chain, logistics management, or Food Service.
- 3 years minimum experience as a COO/CFO in a large private corporation.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience.
- Excellent accounting software user and excel skills. Experience of D365, Power BI, and Power Apps an advantage.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance related issues.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Conversational Spanish would be an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethics; Honesty, integrity, reliability.
- Superior Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
- Comprehensive benefits package available including: Healthcare & Dental Insurance options, Vision insurance.
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Account options.
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term disability insurance.
- Free membership to Sam’s Club or Costco, Free AAA Membership, Free LifeLock Identity Theft Insurance.
- Fitness Reimbursement Program.
- Paid Vacation & Holidays.
- 401k with a 6% company match.
- Merit Increases, and other great perks.