Aiven strives to be the world’s leading cloud data platform - simply by making developer’s lives better. We are a cast of over 500 ‘Crabs’ with a passion for open-source and a cutting edge tech stack. We take ownership of the problems we solve and act with courage. Openness is our beating heart.
It takes an uncommon person to contribute to the common good. Would you like to join our Cast where everyone at every level works side-by-side on making developers’ lives better, and letting them build what matters most?
Aiven in a crabshell:
- Our platform delivers reliable and secure data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security is central to us
- 500+ customers in 60+ countries
- $420M in VC funding
- Our Burrow in Helsinki and hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo, remote team members employees from all over the world.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive work environment where all of us can thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a Global Deal Desk Manager to own quoting/deal structuring and become the subject matter expert on process, policy, and pricing-related matters.
As part of the Revenue Operations team, the Deal Desk Manager will be the liaison between sales and other key partners involved in the quoting/deal structuring process (Finance, CSM, Legal, Product, etc.) and over time build the function and team as we grow into new geographies, etc. You will have the unique opportunity to build our deal desk playbook as the first hire in Deal Desk.
The position is full-time and permanent and can be located either remotely in EMEA or in one of our offices in Helsinki or Berlin.
What You'll Do:
- Own deal structuring and quoting, advise the sales team on alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closure
- Obtain necessary approvals (e.g. discounts) through to commercial discussion to confirm that this is a quote that the company wants to sign and Aiven can deliver on it
- Partner with Field Sales to accelerate the quoting process through documentation and operational improvements
- Build processes and policies with Finance, Sales Function, Legal, CRM, and the Product team to speed up deal execution
- Contribute to sales process management, compensation design and sales performance activities (e.g. review deal information post sales or share lessons learned and ideas for improvement)
- Liaise between Sales and Finance on accounting-related questions
- Ensure CRM data integrity on all won opportunities, including agreements and related deal documentation
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in a Deal Desk function in the Enterprise SaaS/B2B Industry
- Knowledge and experience with usage-based pricing
- Sound understanding of quote-to-cash processes and systems (e.g. CPQ or CLM)
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial to help us build the deal desk playbook
- Problem-solving, creative attitude and ability to work in a fast-developing environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; work well with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes
Bonus points for:
- Experience leading a deal desk team/function in Enterprise SaaS
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get comprehensive wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find relevant outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Support or mentor earlier stage startups through our Cluster Startup program.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven aligns with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.