Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion-dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials, and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 120,000+ customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more proactively engage with our customers through "Smart Touch" - specific, value-added conversations that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle.
As a Deal Desk Analyst, you will help support the "high touch" sales motions. You will support the deal cycle for our complex transactions (Enterprise Cloud, ELAs, ASAs, and M&A deals) from contract management to quoting, booking, and beyond! You will work directly with customers, partners and provide strategic support to our team members. Your daily work product will consist of structured proposals, non-standard quotes, and sales contracts supporting our high-touch sales motion.
In This Role You'll Get To
- Engage all internal support teams and stakeholders on behalf of the Enterprise Advocates.
- Lead the end-to-end Quote-to-Cash sales support cycle from quoting to contract assembly, provisioning, and invoicing for all Atlassian Enterprise Cloud products
- Develop understanding of Atlassian's internal contract and data management tools, product pricing models, product packaging, contract structures, quoting systems, and business practices
- Support teams including Revenue Accounting, Legal, Accounts Receivable, Technical Accounting, Tax, and other groups to support the sales cycle
- Partner with the Finance organisation and SOX compliance teams to assist with the month-end and quarter-end Deal Desk closing activities to ensure completeness and accuracy of contract packages
- Maintain experience of non-standard quoting methodologies, contract assembly processes, and the tools and workarounds used
- Partner with Enterprise Advocates, Accounts Receivable, and Revenue Accounting teams to ensure timely billing, invoicing, and cash collection
- Create non-standard quotes, contracts, and support sales teams and other stakeholders with processing orders in ERP, billing, and contract management tools
- Be the contact supporting Enterprise Advocates, Partners, and Customers with troubleshooting technical issues during the sales cycle
- Partner with Business Process and Business Systems Analysts on projects that facilitate the continuous improvement of Atlassian's quoting and contracting sales operations
- Ensure all quotes and contract documents are prepared, executed, and stored following Atlassian's written guidelines, including revenue recognition rules, SOX compliance controls, and the GDPR
- Partner with Deal Desk leadership on projects to identify repeatable data entry processes suitable for automation
- Provide user feedback to technical teams during the testing phases of new technologies that will support Atlassian's internal sales cycle operations
- Assist your peers and manager with the training of new Analysts
- Collaborate with Enterprise Advocates, Revenue Accounting, and Accounts Receivable to ensure Atlassian's customers are billed and invoiced promptly
- Partner with content managers and business process analysts to create process documentation for the Deal Desk
- Ensure all non-standard discounts, pricing, and contract terms have been approved by the proper Atlassian authority
- Advise Enterprise Advocates on general process and policy issues
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have
- Experience supporting stakeholders, peers, management, customers, and partners
- Experience using quoting and contract tools to support sales teams during the sales cycle
- Proficiency in Excel, including manually creating ad hoc formulas to calculate contract pricing
- Experience resolving sales cycle issues related to quoting, document control, document assembly, signature, and provisioning
- Working knowledge of Confluence and sales service desk tools
- Customer service background and balance many deal support requests
- Experience researching and finding ad-hoc solutions for non-standard quoting and contract requests
- Knowledge of Salesforce, NetSuite, Customer Relationship Management, and Accounts Receivable tools
Our Perks & Benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .