Job Description: This role reports to Manager, Revenue Operations and will be responsible for developing and managing revenue forecasting, planning, and reporting processes. The successful candidate will be analytical, detail-oriented, have a high degree of autonomy, and broad understanding of the business and finance. The individual will foster strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders, strive on process improvements, and can manage inputs from multiple sources.
- Lead forecasting, planning/budgeting, and reporting activities
- Maintain a revenue forecasting model, and prepare weekly forecast updates
- Lead meetings, present weekly forecast to business leads and provide ongoing forecast recommendations
- Prepare and communicate insightful variance analysis to internal stakeholders and senior management
- Prepare month-end reconciliation, work with internal stakeholders to resolve variances
- Manage time-to-revenue tracking for new customers: forecasting, revenue recognition, reporting
- Prepare business review decks, customer counts, accruals, and new deal reporting
- Liaise with various internal partners including Revenue Recognition, Billing Operations, Renewals, and Business
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, automate/streamline existing processes where required
- Performing ad-hoc analysis as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience specializing in Business Administration, Financial Analysis, Accounting, or another business-related technical field, a professional designation (CPA/CGA/CMA) is an asset.
- Minimum 5+ years overall experience in business analysis, financial analysis, and/or metrics and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with senior management, business partners, management, and peers.
- Experience with the following financial systems/applications is an asset: SAP, OLAP, and Salesforce.
- Advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word.
- Proficiency in data compilation and aggregation, including pivot tables, v-lookup & other advanced formulas.
- Experience in reading customer contracts, and ability to interpret revenue recognition schedules and policies.
- Ability to solve problems and navigate complexity in a constantly evolving and ambiguous environment
- Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present and articulate ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and driving operations process efficiencies.
- A self-starter with strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives, minimize financial risks, and solve business problems. A demonstrated history of taking initiative, being flexible and adapting to new requests and challenges, and driving for results.
- Financial analysis and modeling skills are an asset.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- WATERLOO, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in WATERLOO, ON