ho is hiring
Stocker's Security Storage and Warehouse Ltd was established in 1911 in Victoria and is currently doing business as Stocker's - Premiere Van Lines and MacCosham inc. Currently, we operate with a team of about 10 colleagues.
Stocker's Premiere Van Lines is a full-service boutique moving & storage company, and we do custom in-home deliveries for some of the world's most recognizable and quality brands.
Our mission is "Moving Lives, not just boxes." whether people are moving international, national or local. Operating with the insight to understand and the care to do it right is how we approach every move or in-home delivery.
At Stocker's, every detail matters. Every piece we touch. Every piece we handle. Every "How may I help you?" Everything. And it doesn't matter just some of the time. It matters all of the time. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
As a result, we have relocated some of Victoria's most iconic, historical, and high-end belongings for well-known clients like Government House where we packed, moved, stored and delivered over twenty 20ft containers full of historic art and antique furniture. Our clients' belongings ranges from packing, crating and moving 14 to 18th-century art and furniture internationally, to moving people into a retirement home, to estate moves for Public Guardian & Trustee, and anything in between.
You will work in a very hands-on, collaborative team environment with a start-up mentality. Your personality is comfortable with upfront, factual and straightforward communication. Calling a spade a spade isn't for everybody as most of us don't like it. Also, it's in your nature to help others and find ways to make things happen.
If this feels and sounds like you, check out this opportunity.
What's in it for me
- Being able to make a difference by bettering the lives of others during stressful moving times.
- $50-60.000 annually, depending on your experience - including:
- Vacation package
- Extended dental and health
- Health Care Spending Account
- Education - industry-related courses
- Full-time position
What am I responsible and accountable for
- Sales inquiries by email, phone, and lead-generating web application
- Set up in-home surveys, sales packages, quotations, and bookings
- Managing the sales-to-operations process
- Being the glue between our clients, our crews, the Van Lines and our suppliers.
- Coordinate all shipments from estimating through to booking, operations to invoicing and claims by using a move management web application
- Scheduling and dispatching private moves (local, national and international), Government employee moves as an agent for one of the prominent Van Lines and commercial accounts for custom in-home deliveries.
- Basic bookkeeping entries
- Invoicing of daily activities and storage accounts
- Accounts receivable / payable
- Reconciliation bank statements
- Payroll for employees and contractors
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.) - Google Workspace - MacOS (Mail, Pages, Numbers etc.)
- Sage Accounting or Quickbooks basic knowledge is preferable
- Web applications - PayWorks etc
Who do you report to?
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Double vaccinated and wear masks when clients visit the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sidney, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 2022-10-03
View public job page