SR. Manager Sales OperationsMaking the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We make the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better.The Sales Operations SR. Manager is responsible to satisfy the needs of the customer account team to track, forecast and manage business operations of the team including but not limited to: orders, revenue, budgets and to prepare business reports to various organizations as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Partner closely with leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs to support strategic initiatives that drive growth for sales
- Responsible for product and financial forecasting and forecast accuracy
- Work with leadership to prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for sales
- Develop metrics reporting and dashboard views for the sales teams to identify trends and opportunities for data-driven growth
- Admin key sales tools including but not limited to: Salesforce
- As Salesforce Administrator, develop and maintain Salesforce to support revenue operations. This includes but is not limited to data validation, workflow automation, revenue forecasting, and order forecasting
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales and finance teams to ensure efficient contract execution and revenue recognition
- Seek solutions for complex operational and organizational problems
- Conduct regular and ad hoc meetings and communications with key personnel in the customer’s various business units/operations
- Review, lead, and participate in service business operation discussions in contracts, procurement, system flow, and financial transactions
- Responsible for weekly to monthly executive summary reporting and will include direct presentation to executive leadership
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- 12+ years of experience in a highly analytical role
- 12+ years of experience in a Telecom company (Internal Samsung experience a plus)
- Expertise in software including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and executives, aligning their activities around a set of best practices
- Excellent business acumen, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations
- The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives
- The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents
- Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience
- Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements
- Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
Skills and Qualifications
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.