Bringing intelligence to light and passion to innovation
The ams OSRAM Group is a global leader in optical solutions. By adding intelligence to light and passion to innovation, we enrich peoples' lives. This is what we mean by Sensing is Life. Our around 24,000 employees worldwide focus on innovation across sensing, illumination and visualization to make journeys safer, medical diagnoses more accurate and daily moments in communication a richer experience.
The Director Sales Operations and Controlling manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales region expenses and sales compensation design and administration.
The role is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Vice President Sales and the Vice President of Sales Controlling, the Sr. Manager also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported
Your new responsibilities
- Team Manager supporting sales operations and controlling functions for the Americas region.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Track revenue and Point of Sale data to administer representative commissions and pay according to established guidelines
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the region.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the Vice President Sales and Vice President of Controlling.
- Directly manage a support staff made up of Administrative Specialists, Sales Operations Coordinators, or Analysts.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of managerial experience in customer service, account management, or selling
- Semiconductor or electronics industry experience preferred
- Experience in leading sales operation support teams
- Strong proficiency in computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite /intermediate Excel (intermediate/advanced level), Internet and other computerized-systems (testing may be given). Direct working knowledge of Salesforce CRM tool strongly preferred
- Demonstrate professional business acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written, and listening
- Possess effective organizational and negotiation skills
ams OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com for assistance.