NetApp got its start way back in 1992, when using the internet meant dialing up and hearing beeps, crackles, and eeps. By tech company standards we’ve seen it all, and we’ve not only survived, we’ve thrived. That’s because we’ve kept our focus on one thing—the data.
Continuously improving how it’s managed, stored, analyzed, protected, and moved.
Throughout our history we’ve managed to shift and grow with different waves of change. In fact, we ran toward those waves and popped up riding them like Kelly Slater. Our strategy has always been shaped around helping our customers embrace the full potential of new technologies—from the rise of the internet, to helping large enterprise customers in vertical markets, to bringing new systems to market. And today, we’re focused on unlocking the best of cloud by partnering with the world’s biggest cloud providers.
Of course, the future will be filled with many more waves of change. We’ll be the ones running toward them, adapting and developing our knowledge, and enabling others to enjoy the ride.
NetApp is seeking a Sr. Director of Go-to-Market Sales Operations
• Build and lead a high-performing sales operations team that supports Global, Enterprise, and Commercial segments, channels, and Sales Specialists at the Time Zone level.
• Lead the operational transformation to move the organization from traditional on-prem business models to hybrid and public cloud business models while developing and strengthening the worldwide sales operations function.
• Act and be seen as a detail-oriented general problem solver able to break down the hardest problems while building and leading a team that does the same.
• Work with sales and cross-functional leadership across the business to execute the GTM approach by market, segment, and channel.
• Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance metrics to ensure the organization fully commands the business.
• Lead executive analyses, strategies, and deliverables (e.g., QBRs).
• Provide visibility and performance tracking to the business (health of business, sales efficiency and productivity KPIs, dashboards).
• Provide actionable recommendations and facilitate data-driven decisions with sales leadership through exceptional business partnering and strategic thinking.
• Drive requirements to increase the operational efficiency of Lead-to-Cash Flow by adopting processes, tools, and dashboards that scale within the Time Zone.
• Lead the operational support that drives the performance of each segment and channel towards repeatable, predictable motions.
• Execute and manage core sales operations processes such as expansion planning, market optimization, target setting, leading indicator management, and forecasting.
• Evaluate adoption of core sales processes, reporting, and systems and identify opportunities to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
• Partner closely with cross-functional team members on priority go-to-market initiatives execution within the Time Zone.
• Collaborate with people development/sales training teams to provide input into training needs based on sales performance data.
• Responsible for managing quota setting and plans across all revenue functions to ensure that financial objectives are optimized and allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
• Partner with top sales management to find opportunities for sales growth. Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
• Ensures sales reports and other intelligence is used by the sales organization and leverages reporting tools and dashboard critical metrics needed for measurement.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Product, and Legal) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
• Provide deal structure guidance to sales; identify and recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed deal financials.
• Guide sales teams in the deal flow process and ensure smooth handoffs; drive enhancements to the quote-to-order processes and policies.
The successful candidate will be a broadly qualified and experienced senior leader with extensive leadership experience in GTM operations. Experience in the scale and sophistication of a large global business, combined with a background in a growth-oriented, technology-enabled business will be critical.
• You have 15+ years prior experience in sales strategy and operations or business insights / analytics roles for a high growth company and over $1B in revenue.
• You have 10+ years of people management experience, with demonstrated success in building a team, in building an inclusive, positive, and high-performance culture, and in retention and team member development.
• Strong experience in the SaaS sales and services sectors.
• Experience running a sizable Geographically dispersed team.
• You demonstrate the ability to scale and equip the business, driving world-class operational execution, communicate big picture opportunities, and make data-driven decisions. You have experience in driving the adoption of CRM platforms from a legacy environment to a modern CRM platform.
• You take a proactive, consultative approach, building trust consistently and quickly.
• You have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
• You work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• You have a demonstrated ability to manage teams with deep analytical skills.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You are detailed oriented.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree desirable.