Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize the way people commute! Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric vehicle called the SOLO
). The provided driving experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration, affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, it’s electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest as well.
We are seeking a new Director of Retail Sales to join our growing team. This is a Regular Full-Time role that will work in the Los Angeles CA or Mesa Arizona area. The primary purpose of the Director of Retail Sales is to lead all retail sales functions for ElectraMeccanica - an emerging growth electric vehicle company. This role has full accountability for the P&L aspects of sales operations initially in the United States, working in collaboration with not only the Sales and Marketing Team but the broader EMV organization including but not limited to Delivery/Operations, Finance, Engineering and Manufacturing. Priority will be the development of an innovative, growth-oriented retail sales strategy, and motivated sales team, for the trendsetting SOLO and future vehicle programs to drive market excitement and acceptance. This role will initially focus on West Coast markets – specifically CA and AZ – yet establish an approach that is scalable for further growth.
This role requires someone with extensive retail knowledge in the EV market who is experienced in creating sales strategies, building robust agile sales forces, and an ability to guide the Company through rapid growth.
This successful candidate needs to have a solid understanding of the electric vehicle (EV) market, and the strategies and mechanisms required to attract customers and ensure that ElectraMeccanica is maximizing customer satisfaction and vehicle purchases. They must be an experienced manager in the EV space understanding the technology used in EV’s. We are not looking for someone to sit in an office and dictate. The ideal candidate will have excellent communications skills, an ability to participate in Executive meetings, roll up their sleeves and execute the corporate sales strategy on the ground.
Key Job Functions:
- Develop with direction from the Chief Revenue Officer and VP of Sales Growth & Planning a scalable sales and distribution strategy for the U.S. market. Make recommendations for updating and changing sales strategy to meet an ever-changing EV market.
- Understand that the SOLO is a unique vehicle. Develop solutions to ignite market acceptance of a brand-new vehicle, in a brand-new category (three-wheel, single seat, EV). Focus is on month over month, year over year sales growth which is critically important for an emerging growth-minded company.
- Achieve sales targets established for SOLO and future vehicle programs.
- Create demand forecasts for future years to feed back into the engineering, manufacturing and other dependent parts of the EMV organization.
- Execute sales strategy with a hands-on, all-in approach.
- Understand market dynamics, consumer trends, demographics, and other analytics to continually refine and improve the sales strategy.
- Design, implement and rigorously track KPI’s to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Manage and monitor all retail sales operations throughout the United States on a frequent basis.
- Encompass the values and brand of ElectraMeccanica ensuring it is driven into all consumer sales touchpoints.
- Collaborate with marketing and CX to foster a post-purchase relationship with SOLO owners to drive customer satisfaction and referrals.
- Innovate and constantly improves sales procedures within the company - build a long-term sales model that effectively executes the Company’s mission.
- Coordinate and work with company executives to ensure sales targets & organizational goals are met.
- Work cross-functionally when necessary to ensure that other company functions support and integrate the sales process.
- Develop and continuously improve sales guidelines for staff in conjunction with Regional Sales Managers.
Trend & Consumer Analysis
- Research & identify consumer trends and ‘best practices’ in the automotive industry to influence the sales function at ElectraMeccanica – understands the needs and expectations of customers.
- Analyze company sales data and trends to create sales reports for company executives.
- Record company sales data and ensures the data is relevant, up-to-date, and accurate.
- Create a sales function that emphasizes continuous organizational learning and improvement.
- Monitor and recommend resource needs of the sales function – including staff, supplies, other resources as needed.
- Develop reports for the Executive Team to monitor sales performance.
Staffing & Management
- Complete understanding of building an agile sales organization that meets the ever-changing needs of the consumer and marketplace.
- Create a sales strategy and is hands on in the deployment of the sales strategy inclusive of staff training to ensure standardized processes are implemented and followed at all retail locations. Required to be hands on staffing and development.
- Grow to multiple US markets over a number of years, adding additional layers of management to ensure proper attention is given to staff and consumer touchpoints.
- Conduct thorough employee audits to ensure branding and sales guidelines are standardized and followed by all sales staff.
- Develop and build a sales department from scratch and organically build a functional sales program – this will include training, maximizing innovation towards sales, setting sales objectives, setting sales standards and connecting with consumers and businesses.
- Other ancillary duties as required by the Executives.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a sales environment is required for this role.
- Proven record of building a sales strategy.
- Sales experience within the automotive industry is required.
- Sales experience with electric vehicles or technology is required.
- A Business degree or related education is considered an asset for this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working at a technology company establishing their retail model is considered an asset.
- Team player – recognizes the importance of teamwork and building an efficient sales team.
- Proficient computer skills – able to identify trends and create spreadsheets that analyze sales data.
- Innovative – drive to build and grow the sales function in a way that supports the unique Meccanica products.
- High-achiever, results oriented, with a demonstrable track record in sales.
- Builds rapport and strong relationships with team members throughout the entire organization.
One last important note. Our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports our employee’s health, wellness, retirement, and work-life balance:
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous paid time off
401k with company match
Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only contact those individuals who best meet the required position qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering ElectraMeccanica!