At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
Elastic has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Sr. Director, Deal Desk to join our Field Finance team. This leader, reporting to the VP of Field Finance, will lead a growing team responsible for supporting the field on the most complex deals, scaling business models, and driving change to support the scaling business. Being successful in this role requires a large degree of software and cloud commercial deal experience, analytical thought leadership, excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to synthesize complex data and solve problems.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide leadership and guidance for Deal Desk function, manage deal approvals in partnership with Field Operations leadership and Finance leadership teams.
- Strategize with the commercial teams to grow and execute strategic deals.
- Determine deal approval policies to streamline/scale the business rapidly.
- Collaborate with the field on developing scalable, repeatable deal structures that meet customer objectives, while adhering to Elastic policies on pricing and commercial terms.
- Advise field on large, complex deal negotiations.
- Capture and provide business and competitive intelligence in relation to commercial deal terms and structures. Inform/influence key pricing decisions.
- Lead projects to drive efficiency and process improvement
- Identify, design and lead projects intended to create efficiencies, standardize business practices, drive process improvements and deliver high impact analysis for decision making.
- Collaborate with other parts of Elastic as needed.
What You Bring Along:
- Deep experience in enterprise software commercial finance required, including in negotiating and approving commercial deal structures
- Proven people leader, focused on development
- Dual experience in SaaS and on-premise models strongly preferred
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations
- Passionate, high-energy, impactful team-player
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance, or Accounting; MBA, CPA, or equivalent experience a plus
Additional Information - We Take Care Of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave