At Imply, we are on a mission to help developers become the new heroes of analytics. Our unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With Imply, developers can build without constraints as our database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, Imply is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange. Come join our team of disruptors, pioneers, and innovators!
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Director, Sales Operations (Deal Desk) that will work closely with our Sales, Leadership, and Finance teams to build out the processes, policies, and infrastructure to help our organization scale and grow. You will be responsible for the deal process from quote to deal booking, define standard deal procedures/mechanics, provide analytical and process support for complex/non-standard deals, and facilitate approvals with our leadership team. Through this role, you will also provide insight into discount/pricing strategy and deal negotiations.
- Own, manage, and drive the quote to deal booking process for Imply
- Be the trusted advisor on deal review, deal structuring, and deal booking. Establish standard deal structure and processes. Lead and manage deal exceptions and non-standard terms, working across teams to understand deal economics to arrive at the best possible solution for the customer as well as Imply
- Manage the optimization and execution of Imply’s deal booking process. Review and approve deal terms and data in Salesforce. Work with Finance, Sales Ops, and other relevant teams to ensure all relevant approvals and deal details are captured in our systems of record
- Train and enable the team on our quoting, pricing, policies, and processes
- Develop metrics and reporting to evaluate our deal processes as well as discount/pricing strategies
- 7+ years of relevant experience (Finance, Sales Ops, Business Ops, Deal Desk) with a high growth technology company
- Working knowledge of sales operations processes, software pricing/discounting, contracting, and negotiation strategy
- Comfortable working in Salesforce and with CPQ tools. Ability to leverage software, documentation, and training to streamline and create robust processes
- Analytical, possesses business acumen, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Ability to independently manage ambiguity and work collaboratively to drive outcomes and meet deadlines. Work with multiple priorities/deals simultaneously in a fast-paced environment across a diverse group of stakeholders
- MBA a plus, but not required
What we offer:
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Fertility Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mental Health Support
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - USA Only
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that certain minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Imply, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in the future.
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Attention: Imply Applicants
Due to reports of phishing, we’re requesting that all Imply applicants apply through our official Careers page at imply.io/careers. All official communication from Imply will come from email addresses ending with @imply.io.