With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is Modesto, CA or San Francisco Bay area for external candidates.
The Company is open to considering remote U.S. work arrangements for internal candidates and candidates who have experience sellling Gallo brands at a distributor.
Focuses on developing and formalizing the sales enablement strategy and function in partnership with the Director of Sales Operations & Enablement by fostering cross-functional relationships and synergy while relentlessly focusing on the needs of the sales organization. This individual will serve as a cross-functional node, able to use judgement, vision, and business acumen to work towards a more confident, productive, and enabled sales organization. The Manager of Sales Enablement will coach and develop the enablement team to ensure they are effectively partnering with commercial teams. This role requires originality, ingenuity and problem-solving.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Serve as critical input to shape and formalize sales enablement strategy in partnership with Director, Sales Operations & Enablement.
- Leads sales enablement efforts by participating in interdepartmental planning and management teams and working cross-functionally to improve capabilities.
- Creates synergy with cross functional partners by aligning project managers to the Business Units, and potentially specific agile brand teams, on behalf of Sales.
- Partners and consults with BUs to create immersive, content-rich sales tools that enable the sales organization to successfully sell our products and programs.
- Determines and designs best in class sales materials in partnership with Director, Sales Operations & Enablement and Sales Enablement team, leveraging quantitative and qualitative feedback to optimize materials for maximum impact and effectiveness
- Responsible for team translating Marketing communications into tools for relevant and compelling Sales presentations for use by the Sales organization.
- Owns the commercialization of sales priorities outward to field sales through monthly commercialization calls (e.g. Fuel The Rise).
- Serves as an expert in Sales Enablement and recommends relationship building strategies with cross-functional partners (to include but not limited to – changing job descriptions, identifying skills gaps, identifying core capability gaps and recommending solutions etc.)
- Leverages technology, external best practices, industry trends and knowledge of Sales Enablement best practices to deliver against Sales Enablement vision and goals.
- Generates awareness of DRIVE tools and resources and their proper application within Sales organization.
- Communicates and commercializes annual, quarterly and monthly priorities to field sales.
- Inspires innovative culture and entrepreneurial mindset –driving change and future focused.
- Identifies and obtains staff capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
- Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
- If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Master's degree plus 4 years of winery sales, distributor sales, corporate communications, customer development/category management, finance/business analysis, Lean Six Sigma, IS, Commerce Marketing or Brand Marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of winery sales, distributor sales, corporate communications, customer development/category management, finance/business analysis, Lean Six Sigma, IS, Commerce Marketing or Brand Marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 10 years of winery sales, distributor sales, customer development/category management, finance/business analysis, Lean Six Sigma, IS, Commerce Marketing or Brand Marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Word at an intermediate level.
- Supervisory/managerial experience.
- Required to travel via air or automobile up to 15% of the time in order to conduct job duties.
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Master’s Degree plus 6 years of sales operations or sales enablement experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of sales operations or sales enablement experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- 3 years of experience managing people - preferably directly managing Sales Enablement.
- Strong business acumen with outstanding presentation, selling, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling strong teams that perform, and focusing on an inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture
- A proven track record of working broadly on complex projects across an organization, balancing multiple stakeholders across all tenure buckets (executive to individual contributor)
- Experience working autonomously
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience identifying opportunities and developing strategies.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Hiring Salary Range: $96,305 - $169,900 (10% PIP Bonus Target).
- Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
- Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Job Posting ID: 97407
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Job Function: U.S. Sales & Sales Operations