PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, Charleston, and Bangalore, India. As part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies, we are working to reinvent the employee benefits administration landscape. Our talented employees benefit from this partnership through increased capital for strategic investments, access to toolkits, best practices and resources for success, and strong cultural and value alignment focused on talent development and growth.
Our software has innovated how benefits are bought, sold, managed, and consumed, and continues to transform the industry with updated solutions. Nearly 7.5 million consumers receive their benefits through the PlanSource platform, which provides flexible and intuitive software and services for benefits administration.
The Vice President Sales Operations (VPSO) directs PlanSource’s investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. The VPSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the VPSO fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. The VPSO will manage a team of seven with three direct reports.
About The VPSO Position
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the CRO, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring financial objectives are allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity.
- Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
- Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed.
- Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working closely with sales leadership and L&D, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Total Rewards, oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs.
As the VPSO, you will possess the following essential strengths, skills, and competencies
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; Master’s in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales management or sales executive experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives
- Expertise using Salesforce to produce relevant insights and streamline processes
- Strong data analytical focus, including leveraging databases (e.g. SQL) and Tableaux/other BI tools to provide transformational sales reporting
- Great benefits package, including a full suite of health benefits, a generous 401(k) Plan, unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, a strong rewards and recognition program, and a focus on mental health and well-being
- The opportunity to work for a fast growing, established technology company, but work side-by-side with a small, dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity to make a big impact.
Top five reasons to come to PlanSource
#5 Join the Vista Family.
In March 2019, Vista Equity Partners acquired PlanSource, marking a new phase of growth. Vista’s portfolio of technology and software companies collectively make up the 4th largest software ecosystem in the world.
#4 PlanSource has the right product.
Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#3 Success is rewarded.
With more than just a pat on the back, your success is recognized and rewarded. We take care of our employees in every way we can, with comprehensive benefits, employee recognitions, and a commitment to wellbeing.
#2 You can grow and develop professionally.
PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions within the company.
#1 PlanSource is the right company, and we are on a roll.
Be part of a winning team in a high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families.
PlanSource is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We celebrate and support our employees’ diversity in age, color, disability, ethnicity, cultural beliefs, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status and other characteristics that make our employees unique.