The Sales Operations Specialist (SOS) will qualify leads and pursue sales in assigned (small) accounts and develop new relationships within assigned accounts, typically smaller accounts not targeted by any Business Development Manager (BDM). This role will also support the efforts of the BDM for each vertical segment as well as provide sales operations support for Sales & Marketing Leadership. This customer-facing position will report to the Director of Sales. Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned prospects, typically smaller accounts not assigned as targeted accounts to the various BDM’s
- Qualifies leads and either pursues sales directly (for small opportunities) or refers them to the appropriate BDM
- Penetrates assigned accounts to grow sales within those accounts.
- Understands and follows a consistent Account Management Process and Sales Process.
- Identifies opportunities for new products – both internally generated and customer requested, particularly in assigned accounts.
- Supports BDM’s in each market segment in achieving their market penetration and sales objectives.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying prospect accounts, at the direction and/or request of BDM’s or the Director of Sales
- Generates sample orders for BDM’s and works with Operations to execute.
- Assists BDM’s in the preparation of proposals.
- Sets up and delivers sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions as requested.
- Provides sales operations support to the entire sales team
- Creates and manages agreements, quotations, price lists and operational documentation (Customer Set-up Forms) to support all vertical segments.
- Interfaces with the CRM system and creates reports for effective management of the organization’s pipeline.
- Participates in developing sales collateral and maintains supplies as needed.
- Ensures that assigned OEM accounts adhere to corporate brand identity and digital marketing guidelines.
- Facilitates the on-boarding of new Customers across all vertical segments.
- Researches earphone pain points through reviews and other online sources.
- Produces and publishes Sales Scorecards (team and individual?).
- Act as a back-up for Customer Service including answering emails and social media posts.
- Serves as an internal key point of contact between operations and the sales team.
- Pursues issues in operations identified by one or more BDM, or by the overall sales team
- Completes other sales operations tasks as assigned by the Director of Sales.
Key Working Relationships:
How will performance be measured?:
- Sales Director
- Other Sales team members
- Accounting and finance staff
- Operations staff and leadership
Job Specifications Education, Experience, and Credentials
- Timely, quality completion of tasks in all key responsibility areas.
- Customer satisfaction in assigned accounts and segments, as measured by (perhaps Net Promoter Score).
- Achievement of sales objectives (pipeline, activities, and results) with assigned accounts,
- Overall sales team performance:
- Pipeline management
- Achievement of objectives
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform this Job
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience or sales operations experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Travel may be requested for attendance at conferences or trade shows 1-2 times per year.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel Skills required.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm and curiosity.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Effectively communicate, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Able to effectively use office equipment to review and create information.
- The ability to lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds and may include pushing/pulling carts of up to 50 pounds.
- Work at a desk for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work at a computer.
- Frequently stand and walk to move around office/building repeatedly throughout the day.
- Able to obtain reliable transportation.
- Use telephone, computer, and standard office equipment.