Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Role and Responsibilities
The Director will collaborate with the Strategic Accounts organization to deliver sales results and increase Samsung’s market performance within the US smartphone, tablet, accessory, and wearable categories, develop/grow Samsung market share, improve retail sales capabilities, and to ensure profitable results for the company.
- Deliver quarterly sales, and key performance indicators as defined by Samsung leadership
- Provides sales and strategic direction for Smart Phones, Wrist Wearables, Tablets and Mobile Enhancements (ME) categories within Strategic Accounts
- Oversees and collaborates with Sales, Product Planning, SCM, and Marketing teams on the Strategic Accounts strategies and initiatives
- Reports key activities regarding sales, competitive position and customer issues
- Develops positive working relationships with the supporting functional teams and provides excellent customer service
- Takes proactive initiative to improve customer satisfaction. Openly shares business development information and opportunities with account team members
- Responsible for solving complex technical problems and responds to requests from internal and external customers
- Attend all customer facing meetings to advance and influence Samsung’s position including sales, marketing, SCM and product for all product categories
- Develop and create all supporting sales reports and slides to support internal and external meetings related to assigned account
- Assist with all new product sell-in and management of product life cycle and end of life strategies
- Support all additional requests from executive management in a timely fashion, as needed, to support Strategic Accounts objectives
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years of Sales Strategy, Operations, and Management with direct Customer Management experience.
- 7+ Years Managerial (Team Leadership) Experience
- In depth knowledge of consumer electronics and/or wireless preferred
- Experienced in sales operations, sales performance analytics, and executive level customer engagement.
- Strong financial acumen, and P&L Management a plus
- Experienced in leading indirect cross functional resources in a matrix organization
- Experienced reading, analyzing, and presenting technical product materials
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, and extensive experience in development and delivery of presentation materials
- Ability to interact at all levels within Samsung and the customer's organization.
- The ability to negotiate in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve programs and proposals.
- The ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize multiple sales, project and performance objectives.
- Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing
- The ability to develop sales and business plans with clearly define metrics to be achieved
- Ability to make decisions, to give direction, and to measure individual/team performance.
- Ability to work in a team environment, working against individual and shared objectives
- The ability to accept tasks and work to resolve problems, when only broad and general guidelines exist.
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of function to come to agreement by managing communications through discussions and compromise
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.