Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth… You should definitely keep reading.We’re Looking For A:
Chief Revenue Offer who is a commercially and operationally minded leader that gets results and can drive continued profitable and next level of growth for our company.Location:
Woodland Hills, CA or RemoteWhat You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the CEO, the CRO will chart the future strategic direction of the company. The CRO will be entrepreneurial, data driven and resourceful and keenly focused on seeking new go-to-market growth opportunities, while continuing and improving the existing business model of innovation, employee empowerment and a culture of engagement.
The CRO will cultivate a spirit of forward-thinking leadership to differentiate the company’s product brand offerings and its marketing, and will position the company for continued success by driving organic sales growth. A resourceful and decisive problem solver, this individual will be an exceptional leader who can garner respect and enthusiasm from a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external. Equally important, the CRO will serve as a role model and key influencer for a positive company culture, highly capable of building and developing high performing teams with a can-do attitude and desire to win, and then keep on winning.
The CRO will also lead and manage the day-to-day planning, sales and marketing operations of the business. S/he/they will also run the quarterly strategic prioritization for the company. Additionally, the CRO will also help build, mentor, and grow the executive team to new heights as leaders themselves to more effectively drive business results and employee productivity.
- Serve as the executive leader responsible for driving significant organic growth and profitability for the company on a consistent basis.
- Drive success in new markets, categories, platforms and channels such as, retention and loyalty, international and retail.
- Act as a visionary and entrepreneurial leader, ensuring the strategic plan is effectively executed by developing clear, tactical goals and objectives that guarantee success.
- Plan and prioritize strategic sales and marketing initiatives for the company and manage the day-to-day activities that align to meeting the strategic priorities.
- Inspire confidence among employees, peers, owners, the board of directors, and external parties that the company is being managed effectively, ethically, and profitably.
- Evaluate existing company sales and marketing competencies and organizational performance; identify new and innovative approaches to provide, expand or improve product and brand viability across the business to gain market share and improve profitability.
- Recruit, select and retain a highly qualified team. Ensure the team is motivated, encouraged, productive and engaged to be their best and take smart risks, fostering a culture of innovation.
- Guide direct reports in their professional development and building accountability.
- Create a working environment where productivity can be sustained and improved and where innovation and personal growth are encouraged and realized. Ensure people are in place to drive business results.
- Actively build, support, and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders. Advise senior leadership regarding evolving business prospects, issues, market trends and opportunities for better positioning in the market.
- Continue to build upon our diverse workforce, in attraction, development, engagement and retention.
Scope of Responsibility:
Proven track record as a CRO, CMO, COO, CSO, President or division CEO.
Has built and led high-performing, diverse, multifaceted teams at scale (excess of $500 million in revenue). A talent magnet with proven track record of recruiting and developing talent across all key functions, especially within digital marketing, and including first time executives.
A performance history of driving organic growth in a quickly evolving e-commerce environment through a combination of product and marketing innovation, new business and partnership development, and improved brand development, as well as increased operating efficiency. Has accelerated growth in both core and emerging business lines. Specifically, has doubled revenue for a $1b+ company, or if not doubled, certainly built an organization that significantly scaled up from $1b over a 5+ year period.Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Defines the evolving future of market/market segments, and using logic and evidence, improves on the present.
- Revises strategy, proposes new directions for the business linked to the evolving marketplace.
- Respectfully and professionally challenges assumptions and conventional wisdom with specific, data supported, reasoned proposals.
- Contributes to the development of an organizational strategy and justifies it with market insight.
- Enables higher performance by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best in class solutions, raising quality and productivity in a calculated way.
- Improves productivity and/or make the business more efficient.
- Sense of urgency
- Communicates long-term direction and collaborates with team on how to reach it.
- Delegates strategic objectives to the whole team with clear and explicit intent; knows the precise level of challenge and how individual team members will handle it.
- reinforces independent, direct and open communication among the team members and others in the company, with a sense of respect, appreciation, and professionalism.
- Holds people accountable for their commitments, providing clarity and outlining in advance ramifications of failure.
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity, ethical behavior, fairness, appreciation of diversity, an open-mind, strong emotional intelligence, humility, and a willingness to pitch in while also leading with confidence, empathy, and appreciation.
- Superb listening, communication, and presentation skills. Expected to take a very visible and accessible role in the company, as a key company leader.
- Demonstrates a clear sense of urgency and a disdain for bureaucracy.
Our Hiring Practices:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; with an advanced degree in a related discipline, such as an MBA or in Marketing considered a plus.
- 10 or more years of senior leadership experience within e-commerce or digital marketing space overseeing marketing, sales, operations, strategy, and growth-oriented initiatives.
- Demonstrated success and experience in B2C / direct to consumer marketing.
- Results driven executive with a demonstrated track record of delivering profitable revenue growth, comfortable with achieving exponential growth over an accelerated time frame.
- Commercial mind-set; capable of driving business transformation initiatives designed to improve growth and expansion opportunities.
- Charismatic, enthusiastic, and accountable leader with an innovative approach and desire to win.
- Established reputation for thinking strategically at an enterprise level and executing effectively to drive results in complex environments.
- Resourceful, organized, problem solver capable of driving successful outcomes across multiple lines of business.
- A track record of strong followership.
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams with an open leadership style; actively seeks out and supports collaborative thinking.
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven work environment with high expectations serving as a role model for strong work ethic and team-orientation.
- International business experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require extra accommodations during the interview process, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Just So You Know:
The preceding job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.