Our well established Austin based client with an international presence has a need for a Sales Operations and Administration Manager to manage support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and sales compensation design and administration. Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization. Develops and implements the organization’s sales and operations planning strategy (S&OP)
Position will be based in Austin, TX: a hybrid model - working onsite approx 1-2 times every couple of weeks.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
Sales Operations and Administration
- Works closely with sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
- Aligns reporting, training and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives. Including recommending revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Collaborates with sales management to establish processes to improve accuracy of sales projections and forecasting, develop quotas, and establish bonus and other incentive programs criteria and reports as required.
- Perform product marketing analysis including new product projections, cannibalization and revenue forecasting sensitivity analysis.
- Assists sales management with assessing new territories and distributors, building business cases and tracking performance of competitive hires.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs; management of sales incentive plans.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs.
- Works closely with Accounting, Finance and Human Resources to calculate and pay commissions; establish rules, policies and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Responsible for the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Facilitates and manages revenue forecasting, planning and budgeting in conjunction with senior sales leadership.
- Primary point of contact for Sales Management and Field Sales operating expense forecasts and budget.
- Monthly sales report of US sales, issuance of performance scorecards for US sales
- Supports sales management with sales presentations to senior management and board.
- Provide data support and ad hoc analysis to sales leadership
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Working closely with the Operations and Finance, develop a global S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process.
- Manages, coaches, and develops sales analyst responsible for forecasting, financial modeling, and commission calculations.
- Work with Sales and Finance departments to develop and administer the company’s worldwide sales forecast.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a robust project demand forecasting model as well as review and calibrate on project demand (order and forecast) together with sales/PM team for the business on a regular basis.
- Develop monthly S&OP deck using cross function input
- Facilitate S&OP meeting and collaborate
- Research business issues to define risks and opportunities
- Develop dashboards to provide transparency and single source of truth across functional areas to ensure alignment and optimal results
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Work with IT to design reports and processes that lead to simplification and enhanced business planning
- Monitor forecast accuracy
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvement to continually enhance the S&OP process
- Other duties may be assigned
Establish internal relationships with customer facing functions (Sales, Customer Service and Marketing), Engineering, and Manufacturing / Operations to ensure transparency through value chain for optimal business results.
Research business issues to identify potential problems that need to be raised to the S&OP community. This may include deep dive analysis of specific topic or area of concern.
Work closely with supply chain, operations and purchasing teams on demand and inventory management execution.
BASIC SKILLS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) yrs of professionally progressive work experience in the managing commercial (Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance/Accounting and/or Sales function) data.
- Experience in a Business Intelligence/Analytics capacity.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong experience with PC based communications and analysis including Internet and MS Office.
- Previous experience managing a Salesforce.com system strongly preferred.
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills.
- Analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Lead and influence as evidenced by experience as a manager/project leader
- Work within complex multi-faceted organization and a cross-functional environment.
- Manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical expertise while able to articulate concepts and ideas.
- Must have a proven track record in Sales Operations or consulting.
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies.
- Results orientated with strong decision making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to understand the impact of operational initiatives from a salesperson’s perspective.
- Must be proficient at business analysis to make strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
- Excellent Project Management Skills.
- Must be expert at Microsoft Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location