Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on the Amazon owned and operated sites, on other high-quality sites across the web, and on millions of tablets, mobile devices, and connected TVs. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. The Sales Strategy and Enablement (S&E) team under Global Sales Operations shapes strategies for advertising sales teams, provides actionable insights at all levels of the Sales organization, builds reliable data foundations for advertiser accounts, improves CRM experiences for Sales users, and provides BI solutions across all aspects of Sales Operations, chartered with the objectives of improving sales productivity and operational effectiveness.
The candidate must be a strong leader, and will draw upon solid analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to effectively partner with Sales teams globally. The individual must have deep experience in sales processes and tools, calling upon her/his experiences in Salesforce CRM systems, sales quota and territory assignment and analytics to assist in supporting a world class Sales Team. You will need to have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, design and implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. You should have a proven work ethic that drives the desired results.
In this role, you will be a key member of the GSO S&E team ensuring the Sales leadership team and Sales organization have the necessary information to operate and execute efficiently. You will analyze initiatives, processes and provide recommendations for improvement. You will build scalable mechanisms to support business and program operation processes. You will have oral and written communication skills enabling you to dive deep into the data to find answers, and to summarize the data into a logical analysis that ensures all stakeholders are informed.
Candidates for this role can be located in Toronto, ON, New York City, NY or Chicago, IL
Key job responsibilities
About The Team
- Act as a trusted advisor and specialist to Sales leaders, leveraging data and analyses to land business insights, develop GTM strategies, and scale the business.
- Work with our customers to gather and document business requirements and user stories, propose solutions, evaluate feasibility, technology assessment, ROI and complexity for a wide variety of potential process and system solutions.
- Advocate for their customers to other internal stakeholders. Active collaboration with leadership in Ads Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Product, Finance, Marketing and Program Management will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities.
- Drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
- Project-manage multiple workflows and communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbal, in a clear and easy-to-understand way
- Analyze sales processes and mechanisms for sub-optimal performance, with a focus on defect reduction and productivity. Communicate findings clearly and effectively and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis, and support related projects as needed
- Conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience managing, evaluating and communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Exceptional business judgment and experience working with senior stakeholders and executive teams
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in analyzing trends and providing value-added insights through the use of statistical analysis or other advanced analytics methods
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Be self-driven and show ability to learn new, unfamiliar tools and deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Familiarity with and experience working in an Agile environment
- 10+ years business/sales operations experience
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience
- Change Management and Automation experience
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau or other Business Intelligence Platform
- Practical experience with requirements gathering for analytics solutions (end-to-end), over multiple technologies, size, and scale of projects.
- Self-starter who can operate independently.
- Able to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication and logical reasoning.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.Company
- Amazon Advertising Canada Inc.
Job ID: A2196066