Sales Operations Manager
COVID-19 update: Cerberus is fully remote, but our ideal candidate is local and will occasionally be able to attend an in-person company event or meeting (pursuant to CDC guidance). As such, strong preference will be given to candidates within the greater Washington, DC metro area.
Cerberus is a small, agile software company that develops and supports a fantastic secure file sharing product. Every day we’re pressing forward with our mission to provide businesses of all sizes with a reliable, secure file transfer solution that just works. We’re proud to be Great Place To Work!
We’re looking for an operations geek who wants a player/coach role building out and running our sales operations team. This role touches many things and is very hands-on – you’ll need to tackle all manner of things (initially as an individual contributor) including reporting, analysis, strategy, Salesforce administration, data integrity, revenue tracking, sales and presales process refinement and automation, email marketing tool administration and infrastructure, and future team management infrastructure. You’ll impact just about everyone in the company with your wide-reaching responsibilities.
Since we’re a small business there’s always lots of opportunity to grow and dip into things outside of the job description like blogging, content creation, website updates, Zendesk operations, and more.
What you’ll do:
● Administer Salesforce (Lightning) and run point on improvements and data projects
● Administer our email marketing platform and its integration with Salesforce
● Create the framework for a growing sales operations team that is equipped to support a fast-paced, transactional software business
● Recruit, hire, and onboard sales operations staff over time
● Have ownership of a variety of analytic efforts including company-wide reporting, revenue calculations, performance metrics, and historical trends
● Develop a deep working knowledge of our platforms and technology so you can work with development to make them better
● Collaborate with senior management on smart automation and business strategy
● Triage and tackle a host of cleanup and internal improvement requests using both Zendesk and JIRA for work collaboration and transparency
● Be willing to assist with just about anything at any time; we’re a small business and you’ll need to wear multiple hats.
● Be yourself in numerous Slack channels, team check-ins, and fun events. We value authenticity and love that everyone brings something a little different to the table.
What we’re looking For:
● 8-10 years of overall experience in a business and sales ops role, ideally 3-5 in management
● Salesforce Administrator or better (dev experience a huge plus) with working knowledge of Flow
● Fluency with Confluence, JIRA, Campaign Monitor (email marketing) or similar tools
● Project management experience with executive exposure
● Advanced analytic and reporting expertise
● Experience in a hands-on managerial role; we’re a small business and you’ll be a player and a coach
● Resourcefulness - you’re able to figure out a few different ways to complete a task with minimal guidance
● Multi-tasking and creative problem solving is fun for you
● Exceptional reliability, responsibility, and attention to detail
● Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist (i.e. diplomacy).
● Zendesk or similar helpdesk ticket experience a plus
Awesome if you have it:
● Experience with contract renewal lifecycles, quote life cycles, and calculations for a perpetual license customer base
● Revenue/business finance ops expertise
● Experience working on a product with international sales (40-50% of our revenue is international)
● Accounts receivable experience
Cerberus offers a full suite of benefits including paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, a great 401k plan with company match, paid vacation, paid parental leave, sick leave, three paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, bereavement leave, and a charitable giving match.
At Cerberus we believe that the creation of an inclusive and diverse environment that welcomes everyone is key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. Cerberus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cerberus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.