We are seeking a VP of GTM Strategy & Operations to lead our growing go-to-market operations team, which supports our sales team in pitching life-changing digital accessibility solutions to companies ranging from Fortune 500 firms to SMB, high-growth organizations.
The GTM operations team collaborates with commercial leaders to strategize and operationalize optimal end-to-end systems and business workflows that deliver predictable revenue growth across marketing, sales, contract renewals, and expansion through system enablement, rigorous processes, and data visibility.
The right candidate will drive the creation of the global revenue operations strategy and processes across our SaaS and services business lines, working closely with our CRO and sales leadership to enable, streamline and optimize all elements of our go-to-market strategy. The strategy includes the selection and roll-out of the optimal commercial technology stack supported by workflows and KPIs needed to support revenue growth plans. They will also manage the day-to-day revenue operations function, ensuring the team is delivering the necessary data intelligence to key stakeholders (sales & marketing leaders, finance, etc.), driving performance transparency, accountability, and predictability through all levels of the commercial organization.
Furthermore, the right candidate will have a passion for getting sales done; going beyond technology and data and ensuring that our enablement strategy is a healthy mix of taking big bets to push sellers to new limits and identifying areas of friction hindering our sales process.
Lastly, the right candidate will exhibit our firm’s three core virtues: doing good – making the world a better place AND a more accessible place, being tenacious and collaborating well.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Act as a trusted business partner to commercial leaders (i.e., CRO, VP of Account Management, Director of Customer Success) across the organization, providing strategic counsel on all topics related to driving revenue growth
- Drive the development and execution of a strategic vision for GTM Operations, leveraging prior experiences to create the evolution roadmap for this function and, equally important, with passion and credibility, effectively gain support for this vision throughout the organization
- Work with revenue owners to develop the supporting infrastructure (processes, systems, KPIs) necessary to support the sales go-to-market models that will meet or exceed financial targets
- Lead and support the revenue operations team, using a hands-on player-coach model, ensuring they are effectively supporting the holistic revenue organization, including actively tracking key trends in lagging/leading metrics such as lead/opportunity pipeline, full funnel conversion rates, staff productivity, weekly forecasts, churn and expansion indicators
- Own our sales enablement and L&D efforts, including on-boarding new reps, up-skilling tenured reps, identifying areas for general improvements in our sales process, and acting as a key change manager as new resources and approaches are rolled out across the sales organization
- Develop, maintain, and standardize revenue related KPIs across all verticals to ensure established revenue targets are achieved
- Lead the correct adoption of Salesforce and other supporting systems to ensure maximum data visibility into performance trends
- Oversee sales planning, pipeline management & forecasting
- Partner with revenue leadership to design and manage territories and books, working as well to align compensation plans with ideal sales rep behaviour
- Partner with finance to ensure commercial operational targets and actuals (i.e., bookings and/or commission expense) feeds into financial model for accurate translation to recognized revenue and expense
- Act as a key stakeholder in our internal Deal Dojo, ensuring that pricing, discounting and legal guidelines are followed and that internal processes run smoothly to support achieving company growth objectives
- Partner with the IT team and revenue leadership to drive the proper selection, deployment and adoption of commercial enabling tools (such as Salesforce) across the sales team
- Help identify, design, and deliver system implementations projects, processes and tools that drive revenue and enable commercial teams (sales, marketing & customer success) to achieve objectives
- Help create a repeatable process for maintaining data quality of accounts in SFDC and connected business systems
- Create processes and controls to ensure data integrity and promote operational efficiency
- Closely align with all commercial functions to create a holistic view of full funnel performance by channel, starting with leads to paying customers with the goal of minimizing customer acquisition costs and allocating investment based on channel ROI
- Improve sales & marketing efficiency by enforcing processes, policies, change management protocol, business requirements, and data governance to ensure effective and scalable processes
- Build and maintain an inclusive, diverse, high-performing team by driving effective onboarding, on-going training, retention with a strong hybrid (remote and in-office) culture
- Support executive deliverables such as Board Reviews, Executive QBRs, strategic planning, and more as needed
- 8+ years’ experience leading an effective revenue/sales operations team in a demonstrated growth technology company using a Salesforce technology stack
- Demonstrated experience in building an effective revenue operations function from ground-up in an organization with multiple product lines and go-to-market models.
- Highly skilled in the Salesforce platform with the proven ability to converge the system capabilities with optimal internal processes to deliver end-to-end data intelligence (starting with lead capture and spanning through the customer life cycle) needed to meet targets and drive revenue growth.
- Ability to evaluate existing processes (e.g., sales motions) and procedures (e.g., discounting) and re-engineer them to optimize productivity and revenue growth. Familiarity with Challenger Selling, MEDDIC/MEDDPIC and NEAT selling highly preferred but not required.
- Ability to provide consultative input to revenue owners regarding commercial performance and productivity analysis and suggest optimal solutions for problem areas.
- Comfort with navigating the annual planning cycle, including prior bookings period analysis, territory expansion, productivity analysis, planning a sales kick-off and other such year-turn activities
- High attention to detail and ability to lead team in delivering clear and concise insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Proactive, self-motivated learner and team player with a strong drive to achieve personal goals and team goals.
- Motivated by a fast-paced matrix environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- Puts team before self to ensure the organization is delivering for our key stakeholders (customers & investors)
- You align with our three core values, and you are simply a good human