The Sales Operations Specialist is responsible for maintaining assigned accounts. This person will focus on data management within the JANUS platform to ensure accurate data is maintained for each assigned account. This involves audits, reviews of ordering levels, and ensure account goals and deliverables. This position adds value by identifying and escalating any exceptions. This position is the point of contact for other departments related to operational activity, such as Purchasing/Demand Planning, Finance, Warehouse Ops, and IT.
HYBRID OPPORTUNITY in the Greater Chicago Area!
Location: Morton Grove, IL
At Bunzl, We Put People First.
- Bunzl was recognized as one of Forbes 2022 America's Best Mid-Sized Employers.
- Bunzl is a global company that offers job stability and career growth.
- A full range of great benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), educational assistance and much more to help employees take care of themselves and their family.
- A proud commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives driving awareness and creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
- A green company with specific programs to enhance and upgrade our business practices and procedures to reduce any harmful effects our activities have on our planet.
This is a FT Exempt role.
- Manage customer communications related to daily account activity
- Align with National Account Manager (NAM) in the overall successful management of the distribution program
- Provide effective responses to all client inquiries within same business day
- Resolve all issues to client satisfaction
- Resolve open issues to conclusion, provide updates to the client on a daily basis until issue is resolved
- Maintain price fields within JANUS consistent with each assigned customer’s program
- Oversee customer page data (items available, price, etc.)
- Maintain and provide accurate store information to the Address Book Team
- Provide effective translation as needed between customer numeric systems and internal systems
- Monitor and respond to 569 reports and work with colleagues in order to resolve and document as needed
Maintain addition and removal of items within the customer program ensuring all aspects of setup and removal are completed.
- Review canceled lines, make appropriate changes to the customer catalog
- Resolve EDI errors, make updates within JANUS to correct issues
- Maintain GL codes for each item in the customer program
- Enter all manual sales orders (including pushes, debits, and credits) in a timely manner
- Provide timely submission of invoices to customers
- Monitor and ensure that all e-commerce orders entered by customers are consistent with program parameters and are following defined standard process
- Generate and review required reports according to established policy and procedures
- Review relevant data sets and identify exceptions to anticipated patterns in order to prevent errors
- Work product/Data populations are produced/maintained with high degree of accuracy and limited need for repeated supervisor intervention
- Ensure pricing and item catalogues are up to date and maintained to within 98% accuracy overall
- Monitor feedback from NAM and client contacts to ensure that there is a high level of positivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- 2+ years experience with heavy client interaction
- Computer literate, including MS Word, Excel, outlook e-mail
- Experience in reporting, AS 400 experience a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form with management, internal and external customers
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
- High level of maturity and confidence necessary to interact with sophisticated internal and external clients
- Strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to ensure that a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Product knowledge with clear technical understanding of services to be able to effectively communicate to customer
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail, flexibility and creativity
- Persistence coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, work with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality of shared information and/or assignments
- Ability to travel as needed
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a companymatch.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)