Initial Operations in the Department of Revenue is seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our team which supports the Department by completing the initial processing of all incoming tax documents. In this position, you would perform the initial research to process tax returns, payments, and applications and perform related work as required.
We offer flexible scheduling with the option to work between 7am and 6pm.
Location: Nebraska State Office Building - 2nd floor. 301 Centennial Mall S, Lincoln, NE
Examples of Work
Qualifications / Requirements
- Edits and processes tax documents.
- Researches accounts for proper application of payments.
- Communicates with internal staff and external taxpayers.
- Identifies problems and formulates solutions with returns, payments, and permits.
- Batching, validating, and data entry of tax applications and/or returns in a variety of platforms.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Coursework, training and/or work experience that involve using various computer software applications, web research, and other office equipment.Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Knowledge of: Web and PC software applications, general accounting principles, and business office procedures.
Skill in: Operation of PC, calculator, and other basic office machines.
Ability to: Research and analyze basic accounts; recognize errors during review of tax returns and reports. Apply various policies, procedures, and instructions in the area of tax administration.