Disability insurance DENTAL
Health insurance PAID TIME OFF
401(k) WORK FROM HOME
Fire, EMS, 1st Responder Safety Channel Sales Director
ANNUAL COMPENSATION SALARY $150,000 - Plus
DiVal Safety is a leader in the Safety Industry provide products and services to the Professional and Volunteer Fire, EMS and 1st Responder market as well as industrial, construction, environmental, municipal, utility and automotive channels. We are dedicated to the safety of our customer’s employees and committed to the bottom line of our clients. We offer one of the most comprehensive lines of safety products, MRO supplies, and services in our industry. Our value proposition is to deliver the absolute best customer experience by establishing ourselves as a valued solutions provider.
DiVal has a stellar reputation and has been recognized as The Best Place to Work in WNY for past 15 years and currently a finalist for 2022.
We are an exceptional company because we have EXCEPTIONAL
Are you exceptional?
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Responsible for Leading and Managing a designated territory and/or channel of existing sales force and accounts. DiVal enjoys the rare position of having more customers and opportunities than we currently handle. Our existing customers have ample opportunity for growth and there is no shortage of prospects currently being underserved by our competitors
The Fire, EMS & 1st Responder Safety Channel, Director of Sales
will be responsible for achieving sales and margin metrics. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing strategic direction and mentorship to our sales and marketing team.
This Division is established and fast growing. Candidate will be responsible for travel to all service areas as well as national conferences. Our current footprint includes NY, PA, NJ, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic with more geographic growth on the horizon.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Fire, EMS 1st Responder Channel Director of Sales and is responsible for managing all Sales & Marketing of distribution channel, and deployment of sales for the organization. This leader will direct and be responsible for all activities to develop strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and deliver a superior Customer Experience. Specific responsibilities include business and market development, customer management, management of market research, strategic direction for promotion and advertising, sales growth, and customer satisfaction. The Director will also oversee the sales and marketing team members’ daily activity and development
- Collaborate with the executive team to provide input and guidance on DiVal company goals and initiatives that drive business success. Research, develop, plan, and implement effective strategies, including processes, communications, materials, and development of incentive plans that drive results, encourage improvements, and increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness for the team
- Lead, mentor, and coach team members on goal development and continuous learning to ensure a high performing, growing, flexible and agile workforce
- Travel to key customers or trade shows to cultivate deeper relationships, support strategic account development, and resolve any concerns
- Maintain outstanding knowledge of DiVal Safety products, services, competitors, and market trends to help identify business opportunities that will drive positive sales results for the Utility channel.
- Embrace technology and provide leadership to the sales team through effective use of systems (CRM, etc.) for tracking contacts, lead generation and opportunities, forecast management, customer support, and pricing to ensure the department consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue and margin goals
- Lead the Marketing team to develop and continuously improve marketing campaigns, sales presentations, materials, communications, and processes that support DiVal’s sales message and drive new sales and contract renewals
- Foster collaboration and cohesion between team members by planning and facilitating regularly scheduled Sales and Marketing department meetings to share successes and upcoming opportunities, review goals and objectives, and discuss and resolve any issues or concerns ensuring effective communication, teamwork, and departmental success
- Partner closely with inside support team and operations to plan, execute and achieve daily attainment goals based on customer requirements. Work with Sales and Operations to execute our forecasts, seasonal spikes, activities, business rules, etc. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate department resources as necessary to achieve company goals
Required Skills And Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent. Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred
- Technical aptitude/Industry experience. Exposure to and/or experience in the Utility (Electric, Gas, Power Generation, Energy) industry is a BIG plus
- 15+ years of successful direct marketing and sales experience. B2B sales and marketing experience helpful
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Extensive Background in Sales
- Professional Selling, Public Speaking, Time Management, etc. are a plus
- Self-motivated with track record of delivering results, developing a team and accountability.
- Computer skills (MS-Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Internet)
DiVal Safety Equipment is proud and dedicated to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled.