Style Crest, Inc. has manufactured, and distributed quality building products designed for residential site built and manufactured homes for over 50 years! We have an excellent career opportunity available for a General Manager of Sales and Operations.
In this role, you would be responsible for process improvements within the operations as well as identifying and ensuring proper execution of defined projects, facilitating associate training and identifying potential market areas for increased sales opportunities within the organization.Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Develops market research and completes analysis for future growth of the business.
- Provides guidance and training to the sales team to increase current and future sales.
- Monitors sales and profitability to ensure that resources are used appropriately to support sales and growth expectations. Analyzes the monthly financial performance and identifies opportunities to enhance overall performance. Evaluates factors that could impact sales and profitability such as sales trends, competition, economic and business conditions, and changing customer and market needs and works with the Director of Store Operations to make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
- Implements sales programs and promotions that increase sales, meet our customer needs, establishes pricing guidelines that achieves financial goals. Monitors the success of sales activities, program and promotions.
- Provides overall leadership and direction to accomplish the goals and financial performance objectives for each store location. Works with the store managers at each location to engage and motivate the workforce to continuously improve and strive to achieve/exceed customer expectations. Provides the guidance necessary to resolve business or workforce issues as needed.
- Provides overall guidance to managers with regard to labor efficiencies, setting expectations, conflict resolution, performance management, mentoring and coaching, and hiring/training a qualified workforce.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships to ensure the industry-wide reputation of Style Crest and its subsidiaries is consistent with reliability, consistent quality and value, and being customer focused.
- Works with the managers to identify short term or immediate initiatives to improve productivity, sales, profitability and customer service. Develops strategic direction that support our future growth plans and allows for flexibility and adaptability within our warehouse, installation and transportation operations as we experience changes/additions in product lines, services or customers.
- Responsible for the overall management of the distribution, transportation, install, and store operations with regards to efficiency, productivity, customer service and satisfaction, safety, housekeeping, inventory, security, DOT and other related regulations, and facility/equipment upkeep either directly or through the managers at each location.
- Reviews sales and operational reports and develops recommendations to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, and/or customer service through analyzing delivery schedule changes, equipment, labor, small shipments through UPS, etc. Implements necessary improvements based on analysis.
- Oversees the inventory control of all products and materials within each facility. Works with store managers on the upkeep and storage of product, accuracy of inventory in the system and the elimination of excess and obsolete inventory. Participates with physical inventory and ensures all discrepancies are resolved. Works with purchasing to manage inventory purchases for each location based on sales trends, forecasts, product mix, etc.
- Maintains a security program that ensures the company’s products and materials are secure at all times. Works with managers to ensure investigations are conducted immediately when accidents, burglaries, theft vandalism or missing inventory occurs in the facility. Ensures facility and physical assets are maintained in a neat, clean, secure, and orderly fashion.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in roles with progressive responsibilities both in sales and operations (distribution) with responsibility for P&L results.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems and equipment.
- A solid understanding of the housing industry and customer channels.
- Knowledge of manufactured housing segment is preferred.
- Prior experience in business planning and developing customer relationships.
- Prior experience working with challenging product lines and a diverse customer base.
- Proven leadership abilities in a management role with direct reports at multiple facilities.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of distribution and transportation activities and the impacts of federal/state laws on these activities.
- Proficient using Word, Excel & Outlook. Experience using an ERP business system.
- Operates from a clear set of positive values, principles and ethics.
- Demonstrated team player who can lead and facilitate a team to produce results while maintaining positive working and customer relationships.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive and manage through business changes with a positive attitude.
Must be able to travel frequently to be visible at all locations.Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability