Blue Sky eLearn is hiring a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) with an exceptional track record of success to help lead the Company through its next phase of growth. Reporting to the CEO, the mission of the CRO will be to develop and lead an industry leading go-to-market team and optimize the sales and marketing functions to drive new bookings and ARR growth. The CRO will serve as a strategic business partner to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors and be a key contributor to the Company's growth initiatives and strategy.
The right person for this role is a high energy, hands-on, data-driven, and accountable leader who can work with department leaders across the company to achieve the business goals of pipeline generation, customer engagement, retention, and ARR growth.
This position will be based out of Southern California with remote work options available.
- Create and execute a comprehensive go-to-market strategy. Lead with best practices and processes to optimize sales & marketing strategies.
- Drive performance and alignment of the sales and marketing functions.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience Department to develop retention and expansion strategies.
- Collaborate with R&D and Customer Experience teams to incorporate customer feedback into product roadmap.
- Employ a data-driven approach and ROI mentality to evaluate, execute, and monitor go-to-market activities.
- Be accountable for results, focusing on both long- and short-term strategies; take responsibility for accurate forecasting and meeting/exceeding agreed upon bookings and ARR targets.
- Scale the sales and marketing organization by recruiting, training, and retaining a highly skilled, diverse, and accountability-focused team.
- Collaborate with sales management to optimize the selling process, including forecast methodologies, sales strategy, sales management systems, and compensation programs; develop and implement effective operational processes and discipline.
- Use data-driven approaches and concise reporting to develop marketing strategy, and more importantly, execute on those strategies by turning them into quantifiable outcomes that improve efficiency, conversion rates, pipeline, and bookings.
- Leverage market research to define the Company’ s ideal customer profile and assess additional verticals for new business generation and continued expansion.
- 10+ years of successful sales leadership experience offering B2B SaaS and services with experience scaling and managing all aspects of go-to-market.
- Proven track record of growing revenue through new product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships.
- Significant general management and P&L experience.
- Proven experience developing and executing an effective business strategy.
- Significant experience creating, defining and operationalizing go-to-market strategies.
- Team oriented collaborator with excellent communication, presentation, and executive presence.
- Track record of success building and motivating sales teams and consistent ability to deliver quarterly bookings and ARR targets.
- Experience with a CRM and sales enablement tools in support of building, analyzing, and optimizing the sales process.
- Four-year degree required.
- Part-time, remote work available
- 100% employer paid medical and dental for employee only coverage with the option to upgrade to premium plans as well as obtain dependent coverage
- 100% employer paid short-term disability and basic life insurance
- Competitive paid time off package including dedicated vacation, sick, volunteer and bereavement leave
- 11 paid company holidays (8 regular + 3 floating holidays)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave to welcome a child to your family
- A 401(k) program with employer match to help support your long-term financial plans
- Annual professional development reimbursement
About Blue Sky ELearn
Founded in San Diego, CA, Blue Sky eLearn provides a full range of learning technologies that include a proprietary learning management system and a complete set of virtual event services. We help organizations capture educational content from either live or virtual settings, then manage and deliver that content to a global audience through our learning platform.
We facilitate thousands of live web events each year for our clients. We currently house over 100,000 learning modules and have electronically issued over two million certificates to online learners.