Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Customer Group (SCG) Lead Deal Desk Analyst. The position will be based in Raynham, MA/West Chester, PA/Warsaw, IN/Raritan, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $25 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Contract Strategy, Pricing and Administration (CSP&A) is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMD Strategic Customer Group (SCG). CSP&A includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Deal Desk team works in close collaboration with Field Sales, Account Management, Contract Strategy, Contract Administration and other partners such as Legal, Finance, Health Care Compliance, Government Compliance, etc. to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer.
The Lead Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for the development of offers including products, pricing, compliance requirements, financial T&Cs, and innovative solutions for customers in Medical Devices. S/he will serve as the subject matter expert for the business represented and will partner closely with the Deal Desk Manager/Directors, Contracting Directors, Pricing Managers, and other Deal Desk Analysts to develop the most appropriate offers and scenarios to serve our customers and uphold our strategies. The Lead Analysts will recognize when to shift between advising on strategic partnerships and complex deal structures as opposed to enforcing a narrower set of options for less strategic customers. The Lead Deal Desk Analyst is also responsible for workload balancing across the Deal Desk Analyst team, coaching, mentoring and developing Deal Desk Analysts in comprehension of the business and industry, internal processes and strategies, use of analytical tools, and influencing and problem-solving skills.
The primary objectives of the Deal Desk are to:
- Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability including products, prices, solutions and T&Cs
- Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
- Reduce time spent by Field Sales on contract development to enhance focus on customers
- Improve our Customers’ experience
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive the development of detailed offers leveraging product expertise, business acumen and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices
- Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis, maintaining a high attention to detail, while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends and insights across offers
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Direct workflow across the Deal Desk Analysts to manage bandwidth and ensure service levels and quality objectives are met
- Act as Change Agent for Deal Desk Analyst Team
- Drive adherence to protocols and business rules while still respecting individual customer needs
- Identify areas for improvement within systems, processes, and interactions. Surface and provide recommendations regularly to management to support our objective for continuous improvement
- Take an active role in developing and improving training materials and SOPs
- Maintain appropriate documentation in accordance with SOX 404 Requirements
- Coach / mentor developing Deal Desk Analysts to strengthen their skillset and improve the quality of their work
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and Learned Individual for Deal Desk Analysts, Deal Desk Manager/Directors, Contracting Directors and other business partners.
- Onsite point of contact and team representative for the Quoting Analyst Manager
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in Finance, Business, Economics, or Marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant business experience with at least 3 years in Pricing, Contract Management, Finance, Sales, or Marketing is required.
- Experience working in the Medical Device industry is preferred.
- Experience with contract execution, performance monitoring and special project ownership and management within offer development is preferred.
- Strong desire to meet / exceed expectations
- High Proficiency in MS Excel with experience extracting significant detailed data sets from various sources, concatenating, analyzing, and report out via dashboard summaries is required.
- Experience in customer price benchmarking is preferred.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, with experience analyzing complex data and providing data driven solutions in a time sensitive environment is required.
- Ability to toggle between big picture and attention to detail is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, with ability to make the complex simple when explaining complex analytical findings to non-analytical business partners.
- Insight-driven; ability to capture insights and translate into strategies and solutions is required.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is required.
- Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple concurrent deliverable for different end users is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)