What makes Gartner for Finance Leaders a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner for Finance Leaders, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Executive Finance Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are CFOs from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About This Role
The Executive Finance Partner’s (EFP) role is to engage each member-client, and to help them identify key initiatives to achieve specific enterprise goals.
Partnering with the member can include activities such as: defining, developing, coaching and/or critiquing strategies; helping develop and/or transform their organizations; assisting/advising with the development and execution of vision & strategy; aggregating and delivering Gartner research insights on key initiatives, priorities, and implementations; and in general, becoming a trusted advisor for the client CFO. With the support of their Executive Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals quicker and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
What You’ll Do
The Executive Partner manages approximately 25 senior executive member relationships and participates in account planning with Senior Client Managers and Senior Account Executives. These three roles collectively and individually have responsibility for each assigned account.
The Executive Partner participates in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
The Executive Partner conducts monthly consultations with the CFO client, brings the power of Gartner’s service, research and advisory to each client, conducts workshops for the client member, leads CFO activities at the annual Gartner Finance Executive Conference and leads CFO breakout sessions during annual Finance Forums.
Success Is Defined By
- Delivering exceptional client service and regularly engaging the member in a substantive manner
- Bringing the power of Gartner’s service, research and advisory to the CFO member
- Partnering with Sales, Research and Service to delight the client
- Accurately identifying the member’s Key Priorities
- Developing an engagement plan
- Participating (with Sales and Client Managers) in quarterly account reviews
- Lead events for members
Service, Sales and Marketing Support
The Executive Partner is responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Finance in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities
The Executive Partner is responsible for hosting and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), round-tables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research)
The Executive Partner supports research activities, such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels. The Executive Partner will be aligned with and leverage Gartner research positions and initiatives as well as provide feedback from the member base to the research organization. The Executive Partner works with research analysts to develop and deliver CFO relevant research.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Gartner Sales strategy and Gartner Finance product deliverables.
- Work with members in Business Services, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial Manufacturing, Insurance, Telecomm, and Financial Services to further their levels of Finance maturity through delivery of research, peer networking, and coaching.
- Critique client strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, and assist in developing Finance strategies, establishing priorities, and planning for implementation around key Finance initiatives.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
- Direct and facilitate member peer group calls and/or meetings
Content Development and Management
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share member experiences with analysts
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Sales community portal and assisted member connections
- Lead and participate in local events and roundtables
What You’ll Need
Subject Matter Expertise
The Executive MUST be a Corporate CFO (current or former) at a mid-size or larger company with demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall Financial strategy, execution and performance improvement. The Executive Partner will be an accomplished current or former CFO with a broad base of expertise that has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels. Must have a solid understanding of accounting and finance. INDUSTRY DIVERSITY and Fortune 500 experience is highly valued and prior consulting experience is a plus.
The Executive Partner is responsible to retain clients in accordance with established Gartner Retention Metrics. In addition, to work closely with Sales to vet and close “new’ CFO business.
Key Areas Of Coverage
- Board Leadership
- CFO Personal Impact and Effectiveness
- Finance Org Structure and Finance Talent
- ERP and Finance Technology / Digitization
- Financial Data & Analytics
- Cost and Capital Management; Capital Raise, IPO
- Solid understanding of Audit and the impact to the CFO’s company
- Solid understanding of SEC reporting as applied to CFOs
- A university graduate in Finance or Accounting; MBA is a plus
- MUST have held the title of Corporate CFO (or held the most senior Finance leadership position) at a mid-size or larger organization
- Must have experience across a DIVERSE set of industries
- Experience in the Fortune 500 is highly valued
- Prior consulting experience is a plus
- An in-depth understanding of the Finance Function and the role of the CFO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of Finance and Accounting and the alignment of Business and Finance strategies
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business advice & guidance
- Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills; with a healthy dose of humility and experience working with C level executives. This individual should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Sales savvy
- High energy
- Collaboration and ability to influence
- Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
- Strong time / project management skills / must be detail oriented
- Initial Travel restricted to US and Canada; virtual first with potential for up to 25% travel
What We Offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner for Finance Leaders provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
For more information, visit gartner.com.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION THAT CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES.
Job Requisition ID:47175
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What We Offer
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:47175
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.