Goorin Bros., established in 1895 is a Legacy Brand. We are changing what’s normal or expected.
We make accessible headwear and other expressive pieces designed with unexpected flair.
Unconventional, Enthusiastic, and Approachable, We Encourage the Impossible.
Why do we exist?
Because Life Gets Too Serious and Uninspiring.
How do Operate? Through our relentless pursuit of fun and imagination,
We interrupt the Mundane.
About this Role:
As the Director of Operations here at Goorin Bros, you will be responsible for the organization, development, and implementation of all strategies for the fulfillment operations, including 3PL management and global logistics in our customer focused supply chain.
You will lead the operations team to ensure our product flow is efficient and cost effective. You will be the “point person” with various internal and external business partners to communicate, negotiate, and coordinate all needs relating to fulfillment operations and logistics.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team leader, highly analytical, and data driven. You have a track record of improving processes, with quantifiable results.
- Develop and lead the operations team. Oversee and help develop process improvements and efficiencies as well as creating written standard operating procedures.
- Work with leadership team to develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost, such as identifying alternatives and/or negotiating with new or existing partnerships with 3PL and logistics providers.
- Work with IT department to problem solve technical issues within the various business systems, as well as identifying optimal technical solutions for fulfillment and distribution for each channel.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Freight Forwarders and Logistics Partners, making sure we are getting the best combination of value and service.
- Work with sales operations to ensure fulfillment goals are met, including proactively resolving any issues surrounding fulfillment, allocation, or inventory accuracy.
- Analyze and manage SLAs and distribution violations, enforce chargebacks, and initiate corrective actions at 3PL partner locations.
- Work with the 3PL partners to improve order fill rates, reduce lead-time for the fulfillment of orders and receiving of goods, as well as ensuing inventory accuracy.
- Organize routine cycle counts and auditing of the third-party warehouses (3PL) inventory.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in operations, and/or working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation within an omni-channel sales environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment, particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and database systems.
- Experience with warehouse management systems required; NetSuite or similar business operating systems preferred.
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles.
· Detail oriented with strong independent follow through.
· Strong communication skills: including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest & direct feedback, and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
· Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
· Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Works well both with a team and independently in a remote position.
- remote position.