Benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability as well as other wellness benefits, and 401k. BD offers supplemental accident, hospital insurance and pet insurance. Relaxed dress code and a dog friendly office. If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy discounts on industry gear and apparel.
Black Diamond is a company of users. We’re a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Our passion, dedication, and diligence is what drives our incredible team to relentlessly design, engineer and build the world's best climbing, skiing and mountain equipment. Bound by our undying passion for climbing, skiing and mountain adventure since 1957, our team’s limitless energy and hands-on involvement continues to create a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.
Black Diamond Equipment is looking for a Director of Sales Key Accounts to serve as the business development director on select strategic accounts and establish best practices for the BD Business Development Strategy.
This individual is wholly responsible for directing all activities, functions, strategies and operations of the Sales Department’s internal division to achieve Sales Department strategic goals and objectives with Black Diamond Equipment Key Accounts as well as to offer the best service in the industry. KABD will proactively partner with Senior Sales Management, Sales Operations, Sales Agency Principals, DTC and Retail Marketing to define account level strategic plans and effectively communicate these details to key touch points within the organization and effectively leverage internal business partners across all geographical areas to ensure site level connection to the accounts strategic plan. He/she will work primarily at a strategic/vision level and oversee the tactical execution by means of working closely with the Key Accounts Sales Representative. He/she will serve as the primary spokesperson for both the in-house sales perspective and on behalf of the key accounts. He/she is also responsible for personally managing a couple of BD’s most important accounts and may also be required to take on additional Sale’s Department responsibilities as directed by Sales Department management.
In addition, KABD is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic business development best practices that can be utilized across the sales organization. The Business Development strategy will include (but is not limited to): target markets, target accounts, and sales revenue goals by account and territory. The KABD will be responsible for partnering with Regional and National Account Sales Reps to ensure they are aligned with the BD Development practices and philosophy.Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field of study.Work Experience
Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of sales and customer/dealer service experience in the specialty outdoors industry. Proven track record relative to territory development and successful account relationships and immediate sales responsibility for a minimum of $5MPreferred:
Three (3) to five (5 ) years of sales management experience with specialty outdoor business and a proven track record with key accounts both online and brick and mortar. Immediate sales responsibility for $25M.Skills And General Experience
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as sales and product knowledge, are mandatory. Time management, account management, and computer skills are required. Must be articulate, detail oriented, and project the appropriate company image.Alternative qualification
: A vast wealth of on-the-job experience that is directly applicable.Required licenses
: Driver’s License and PassportEssential Functions
Note: This employee may be requested to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- Authorized and Responsible for performing all duties in accordance with BD Quality, Safety and Employee Policies, and procedures as well as in accordance with current ISO standards.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of Black Diamond Brand KABD operations and activities to achieve budgeted sales goals and Sales Department strategic goals, initiatives, and objectives with Key Accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic account contacts and develop a strong understanding of the customer’s business strategies and plans.
- Proactively create and drive internal sales strategy to accomplish Sales Department goals, objectives and budgets relative to Key Accounts. The Key Accounts Business Developer will present the internal sales strategy to senior mgmt., monitor its effectiveness, makes changes as required and regularly report results. Create and implement proactive selling programs, build alliance with new key accounts, and motivate sales agents to perform at their highest levels.
- Develop top Key Account 3-year business plans for strategic growth.
- Partner with Channel and Brand Marketing to ensure that data collection and analysis of sales-related information is providing consumer analytics that the sales teams can utilize to build business development plans.
- Liaise with Marketing to obtain detailed industry analytics to identify potential business opportunities and support sales teams action plans.
- Coordinate activities with Marketing to ensure growth opportunities are targeted and supported effectively.
- Create a leveraged relationship and serve as a valued and trusted business partner who is focused on growing the customers business and expanding BD’s market share.
- Tracking, documenting, and reporting Sales Department metrics as requested by sales management and at all appropriate company forums (such as Sig2, Sale Meetings, Mgmt. Review, Company meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for the alignment and coordination of Platform DSS Key Account functions with Black Diamond Brand needs as they relate to sales.
- Responsible for managing Amazon business both 1p and 3p.
- Coordinate with Sales Management, SCM, Category Business Unit Directors, and Key Customers regarding quantity and delivery requirements, implementing seasonal line, product & price changes, special customer needs, and other related inventory/flow quantity issues; report as necessary to SCM & work with DSS Key Accounts relative to these issues.
- Work with all appropriate internal departs (SCM, D/C, MIS, etc.) to ensure that they are providing all the inputs and services that Internal Sales requires to efficiently and effectively achieve its goals and objectives. This includes but is not limited to, maintenance of seasonal SKU/Pricing transitions, Distribution Center follow thru of customer shipping specs, obtaining of product delivery and availability information, working with Finance in regards to special terms, key orders, etc. The KABD will serve as the primary Internal Sales Department point person and represent such perspective at all appropriate meetings.
- Create detailed inventory allocation plans in partnership with operations and marketing to ensure that stock is on hand to support promotions, planned events and anticipated sales for strategic accounts.
- Work with Brand Key Accounts Sales Representative to ensure that their internal needs are being satisfactorily met.
- Assist Sales Management as requested with other sales and/or customer related projects and tasks, such as the development of company strategic initiatives; territory, product, & category sales forecasting; sales incentive/bonus programs; sales tracking & reports, evolution and development of systems that support BD sales efforts and/or customers relative to products, product positioning and marketing materials.