Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion-dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials, and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 200,000+ customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more proactively engage with our customers through "Smart Touch" - specific, value-added conversations that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle.
This Deal Desk Analyst will play an essential role in supporting the "high touch" sales motions. This position will support the deal cycle for our complex transactions (Enterprise Cloud, ELAs, ASAs, and M&A deals) from contract management to quoting, booking, and beyond! In this role, you will work directly with customers, partners and provide strategic support to our internal stakeholders. Your daily work product will consist of structured proposals, non-standard quotes, and sales contracts supporting our high-touch sales motion.
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have
- Engage all internal support teams and stakeholders on behalf of the Enterprise Advocates.
- Own the end-to-end Quote-to-Cash sales support cycle from quoting to contract assembly, provisioning, and invoicing for all Atlassian Enterprise Cloud products.
- Develop a strong understanding of Atlassian's internal business tools, pricing models, product offerings, contract structures, quoting systems, and methodologies.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Revenue Accounting, Legal, Accounts Receivable, Technical Accounting, Tax, and other groups to support the sales cycle.
- Partner with the Finance organization and SOX compliance teams to assist with the month-end and quarter-end Deal Desk closing activities to ensure completeness and accuracy of contract packages.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of non-standard quoting methodologies, contract assembly processes, and the tools and workarounds used during such procedures.
- Partner with Enterprise Advocates, Accounts Receivable, and Revenue Accounting teams to ensure timely billing, invoicing, and cash collection.
- Create non-standard quotes, contracts, and support sales teams and other stakeholders with processing orders in ERP, billing, and contract management tools.
- Serve as the point of contact supporting Enterprise Advocates, Partners, and Customers with troubleshooting technical issues during the sales cycle.
- Partner with Business Process and Business Systems Analysts on projects that facilitate the continuous improvement of Atlassian's quoting and contracting sales operations.
- Ensure all quotes and contract documents are prepared, executed, and stored following Atlassian's written guidelines and policies, including revenue recognition rules, SOX compliance controls, and the GDPR.
- Partner with Deal Desk leadership on projects to identify repeatable data entry processes suitable for automation.
- Provide user feedback to technical teams during the testing phases of new technologies that will support Atlassian's internal sales cycle operations.
- Assist your peers and manager with the training and onboarding of new Analysts.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Advocates, Revenue Accounting, and Accounts Receivable to ensure Atlassian's customers are billed and invoiced promptly.
- Partner with content managers and business process analysts to create process documentation for the Deal Desk.
- Ensures all non-standard discounts, pricing, and contract terms have been approved by the proper Atlassian authority.
- Advise Enterprise Advocates on general process and policy issues.
- Must have the ability and willingness to join video chats daily to support stakeholders, peers, management, customers, and partners.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have at least one year of experience using quoting and contract tools to support sales teams during the sales cycle.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, including creating ad hoc formulas to calculate contract pricing manually.
- Strong sense of ownership for resolving sales cycle issues related to quoting, document control, document assembly, signature, and provisioning.
- Must have a working knowledge of Confluence and sales service desk tools.
- BS/BA in Business, Finance/Accounting, Economics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in any of the following: Deal Desk, Order Management, Sales Contract Support, Deal Management, Sales Quoting Support, or Revenue Operations.
- Must have at least one year of experience providing direct customer support.
- Strong customer service background, ability to work under tight deadlines, and balance many deal support requests.
- Strong experience with researching and finding ad hoc solutions for non-standard quoting and contract requests.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, NetSuite, Customer Relationship Management, and Accounts Receivable tools is a plus.
Our Perks & Benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .