Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
Responsibilities of the Sales Assistant include the creation, analyzing and updating of Excel spreadsheets and contracting licensed Sales Agents with the appropriate insurance carriers. This role acts as the liaison between the Sales Agents and the Sales Manager to ensure critical updates and all required communications are distributed to these partners. Additional responsibilities include scheduling meetings, answering telephones and processing expense reimbursements.
Duties include working closely with sales and other functional leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure supporting sales and sales leadership.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2720 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas, NV.
- Responsible for the daily support of the sales function to minimize the administrative work of producers.
- Scrub and submit new business cases
- Works closely with sales and other functional leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure
- Supports Sales training and onboarding
- Supports 1-99 New Business
- Back up for new business and migrations quotes 1-99
- Support A/Es with new business request, marketing materials, etc.
- Front Facing with broker communications on new business submissions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Health License Required / need to obtain within 60 days of start date
- Ability to work onsite in 2720 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas, NV
- Ability to work full-time between 8:00am – 5:00pm including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Knowledge of benefits within the Healthcare Industry
- Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, filter, and create simple spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management) and PowerPoint (creating slides and presentations)
- Ability to learn internal technology tools/systems application, etc. for HPN/SHL/UHC
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Strong team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to be collaborative with sales team and outside vendors
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with limited direction and supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work. SM
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $23.94 - $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.