VP, Sales Operations
Center for Breakthrough Medicine Overview:
The Center for Breakthrough Medicines is on track to be the largest single-site cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization in the world. Our comprehensive service offering accelerates speed to market through supply chain disruption mitigation strategies, end-to-end program management expertise and unique platform technology with the ability to follow a molecule from idea to commercialization. CBM’s integrated approach provides high quality and consistent end-to-end manufacturing capability including: Process and Analytical Development; Plasmid DNA production; Viral Vector Production of Lentivirus; AAV and Adenovirus; Testing and Analytics; Autologous, Allogeneic and Gene-edited Cell Therapy Bioprocessing; and Cell banking. CBM’s horizontal and vertical integration provides one source throughout a product’s life cycle.
CBM’s mission is to accelerate the delivery and affordability of lifesaving and life-changing therapies from discovery to market by offering a complete solution for the development and commercialization of cell and gene therapies.
CBM is located just outside of Philadelphia in the Heart of Cellicon Valley on The Discovery Labs campus set on 300 acres with 2.4 million square feet of life sciences lab and manufacturing space, allowing clients to scale their development and manufacturing needs without ever having to change sites, while providing employees a true community campus experience focused exclusively on life sciences.
As VP, Sales Operations, you are data-driven and play a key role in driving pipeline operations and business visibility for the CBM Organization. The VP, Sales Operations is a key role; working tirelessly in enabling pipeline visibility, growth, and velocity. This role is a balance of people leader and coach, communicator, and operational planning (analysis, forecasting, project summaries).
You will be a key resource for Sales leaders in identifying and documenting pipeline-centric challenges – and play an important role in solving business challenges through cross-org collaboration.
As a people manager, you will lead, motivate, and support ops and sales teams to ensure operational efforts are successful and within planned timelines. As a direct contributor, you’ll work firsthand with business unit leaders to identify and solve high priority business challenges – leveraging team resources and collaborating across the organization.
This function is essential to sales force productivity, efficiency, and automation. These accountabilities include business planning, reporting, data analytics, market research, sales quota and optimization, incentive compensation design and administration, and sales technology implementation and adoption.
- Drive systems integration between ERP, CRM and LIMS platforms to support the complete Lead to Cash process, with a focus on process automation and demand planning.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and manage an automated set of Business Development Scorecards/Reports that enable trend analysis for sales funnel opportunities and other leading indicators.
- Lead the development and execution of Sales Process Expectations in partnership with commercial teams.
- · Continue to implement CRM customization to yield best-in-class business intelligence and data stratification to inform future direction and resource allocation
- Work with commercial leadership to implement systems to support sales/revenue forecasting, account planning, and incentive plans for the team. Create tools to measure and report on progress to budgets.
- Create and implement strategic pricing programs and analytics.
- Develop strategies for improving sales performance through increased sales volume or higher margins on existing sales
- Integrate eCommerce and Client Portal solutions to accelerate business interactions and provide clients with on-demand information
- Build automated tools to assess client product adoption and suggest areas of opportunity for business expansion and client retention
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product teams to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Partner closely with IT, Finance and other cross functional data teams to ensure sales data access and quality.
- Analyze and manipulate data from various sources—including metrics from CRM software, website statistics, call logs, emails, etc.—to identify trends or opportunities for improvement
- Interact with external vendors to ensure that all vendor contracts are signed, terminated as needed, and renewed on time
- Manage employee performance as it relates to sales goals by providing feedback, identifying training needs, and offering support where needed
- Bachelors or Masters in Business, Engineering, Math, or comparable technical concentration
- Minimum of 10+ years driving Operations processes as an individual contributor and/or team lead
- People Leadership: 5+ years managing a team
- Demonstrable experience road mapping and driving projects from planning to roll-out (multi-stage delivery) in a global business environment
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks and deliverables in a fast-paced, globally integrated, technology-oriented environment with autonomy to drive towards business goals without an obvious path to success
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally (e.g. Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Finance) to identify and solve common business issues, develop operational steps in improving processes, and implement operational protocols to ensure future success
- Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and executing tactics and process improvements.
- Experience problem solving and passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently
- Deep expertise of Sales roles and principles (e.g. SDR , AE, Sales Funnel, Forecast Category, Conversion %, etc)
- Deep knowledge of ERP, CRM, LIMS and other technologies to support seamless business processes
- Experience driving operational efficiency through the creation of commercial processes, tools, and dashboards.
- Experience designing incentive structures that drive profitable revenue growth.
- Ability to pull and export reports, manipulate data (PowerBI, Tableau, MS Excel, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Comfortable presenting data and related insights to global and regional sales and Marketing leaders
- Passionate about helping organizations understand and solve large scale business challenges through reporting, analytics and streamlining operational efforts
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location