Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As the Vice President, Asia Sales, you will be responsible for managing the overall Sales effort across Asia, which primarily includes China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. This individual will manage the internal organization, external customer engagement, development and growth as well as partner with broader business units and cross functional networks for optimal performance and output. The ideal candidate will have a roll-up your sleeves mindset and have a strong desire for continued growth within the company.
This role will be based in Shanghai, China. Micron will relocate a successful candidate with a comprehensive relocation package.
Reports to: Mike Bokan, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Direct Reports, 90-person Team Across The Following Groups
- Asia OEM & Embedded Sales
- Asia Mobile Sales
- Asia Compute & Network Sales
- Asia Components & Commercial Sales
- Asia Storage Sales
- Asia Sales Operations
Other key relationships: executive team, peers, internal and external stakeholders
Other key relationships
Executive team, peers, internal and external stakeholders
- Provide a clear vision and mission to Asia sales team to ensure all members of the organization understand clear, simple objectives and priorities.
- Provide the necessary leadership, support, and guidance to ensure the Asia sales strategy is aligned with business direction and supports accomplishment of the overall company objectives.
- This position will ensure and facilitate revenue growth through direct contact with customers and prospects and field teams.
- Accountable for meeting revenue targets and a member of the worldwide Sales Leadership team executing critical initiatives across the organization in Asia.
- Exhibiting and promoting Micron’s core values of People, Innovation, Tenacity, Collaboration and Customer Focus.
- This role will require high energy and the ability to multi-task, communicate and execute exceedingly well.
- Lead a regional high-performing team of sales leaders and team members and ensure they have clarity of purpose and ownership.
- Align corporate strategy to effectively execute Asia sales revenue target. This requires a deep understanding of the strategic direction and strong ability to influence direction of individual business units to ensure the whole is better than the parts.
- Ensure a great customer/partner experience and owning the business and strategy.
- Experience working with Asia customers.
- Proven success in a highly leveraged sales model including business development, partner management and business planning.
- A seasoned team leader / people manager, with the ability to motivate and provide direction to a high-performing team, as well as hire market-leading talent.
- Exhibits sound business judgment and high integrity, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Must be a strategic leader/thinker, action-oriented, customer focused, deal well with ambiguity, change agent, have solid planning/organizational skills, and be effective at managing systems, processes and people.
- Working effectively with peers and cross-functionally is critical; strong interpersonal skills and organizational agility are a necessity.
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a technical discipline, business or other related discipline.
- MBA or other advanced degree is desirable.
- Executive Sales Leadership experience.
Domain: Ideally has had exposure to a fast-paced industry such as semiconductors. Open to hardware technology, industrial technology, med tech and EMS industries.
Scale: Has led a global and complex sales organization of at least $10B in revenue.
Vision and Strategy: Has a vision of how to run a Sales team in Asia. Has a strong history of achieving aggressive revenue targets, building customer relationships and driving growth and market share in the industry.
Growth: A proven track record driving revenue growth through optimizing sales operations and is passionate about field success/enablement.
Leadership: Has built and developed a world class team. Has established a proven track record of developing talent and inspiring/motivating teams to drive high performance results and business outcomes.
Collaboration: Excellent track record in cross-functional leadership roles, demonstrating strong collaboration and influencing skills in a matrixed, global environment earning the respect and trust of colleagues, subordinates, and managers.
Communication: Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, communicating effectively with customers, executives, leaders, program/initiative owners, stakeholders, and other audiences as well as delivering presentations.
Diversity: Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Communicates new direction or changes with clear rationale and appeal.
- Advocates for new direction, takes it onboard personally, even countering conventional practice.
- Speaks at all available opportunities about future direction.
- Adjusts communication style to changing situations and to respond to audience concerns (including culture, background, or style).
- Enables higher profitability or revenue or market share by incrementally improving the business: making calculated changes in processes, selecting additions to the portfolio of businesses, or growing the business organically.
- Looks beyond basic metrics to think strategically when making commercial decisions. Evaluates the wider commercial impact of decisions beyond the short-term.
- Explains specifically how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments affect own business or institution.
- Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and individuals.
- Creates plans that address specific segments or contrasts local market with other locations or segments.
- Thinks 2-3 years ahead.
- Enables higher performance by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Benchmarks own performance against industry best practices.
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best in class solutions, raising quality and productivity in a calculated way.
- Identifies new processes and/or systems to improve productivity and/or make the business more efficient.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all
. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.