Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits, not to mention a Flex Work approach that is truly flexible to support where, when, and how you do your best work.
- Support the non-standard deal approval process across existing lines of business and new initiatives within Dolby . Ensure that proposals accurately convey the details and impact of requests. Consult with business partners in order to facilitate an efficient and consistent approval process. This process may vary in scope and range and may include the following:
- Identify variances between proposals and our standard deals and programs.
- Track the status of deal and program proposals.
- Send reminders to key stakeholders and approvers to ensure that the review and approval process is efficient and on track.
- Work with business partners to draft proposals and answer questions throughout the process.
- Summarize deals and programs for management review and approval.
- Analyze deal and program margins and recommend modifications, as needed, to discounts to ensure profitability at the line item level.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, review and research, as needed, on unique deals and programs (may include financial analysis and contract review)
- Proactively anticipate problems and work with business partners, stakeholders, and approvers accordingly. Escalate critical issues to senior management with a sense of urgency as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline and expedite the non-standard deal approval process.
- Cross-Functional Teams : Work with cross-functional teams (Business Systems, Finance, Revenue Accounting, Legal, Operations, Manufacturing, etc.) throughout the approval process and ensure that tight internal or aggressive customer driven deadlines are met. Participate in and support Deal Calls with stakeholders and approvers for complex proposals to expedite the process such that the requestor can explain the proposal in detail while stakeholders and approvers ask questions, provide alternative solutions and discuss ways to mitigate risks and costs.
- Training: Provide supplemental training to employees on the system tool and process (primary training is available online).
- Quarterly Metrics: Report on quarterly metrics to provide visibility into non-standard deals and programs across all lines of business and regions. Communicate observations and insights and provide recommendations to management to improve efficiency and effectiveness (examples include new pricing changes, promotions, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (business or finance preferred).
- 2 to 4 years relevant experience.
- Deal Desk, Legal, or Finance experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to articulate when soliciting and sharing information with project stakeholders and team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Excellent documentation and analytical skills.
- Systems experience: Strong excel skills required.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.