Our client, an award-winning, and fastest growing payments processing and solutions provider in North America, seeks an Chief Revenue Officer. The Chief Revenue Officer will be part of the senior management team and will build out their sales team, sales channels, and exemplify their “get it done” culture to drive new business, bottom-line revenue, and services development. The ideal candidate is an industry expert, who is passionate about our client’s vision and mission and a motivational leader. They are a self-starter able to innovate, execute and implement change, and a player-coach who is strategic, highly analytical and metrics driven. The successful candidate will have Boardroom level presence and gravitas while being humble enough to listen to clients at all levels and then act to best serve their interests. Serving as a key member of the executive team, the Chief Revenue Officer will be a significant contributor to the culture, a driver of success and will play an increasingly crucial role in management and leadership.
Accepting electronic payments sounds like simple a thing—and it should be. Somewhere along the way, it became very complicated. Our client has successfully built a professional business of providing these services and is now expanding its team to support its continued success.
The Company has a dynamic - high energy environment and is experiencing strong growth. The Company is led by an industry veteran and innovator with over 40 years of experience in the payment processing space. The team is innovative, creative, and talented. The Company’s mantra is to move fast to deliver unique customer solutions, improve processes, and lead with technical innovation. The Company seeks team members that are willing to jump in and do what it takes to find trailblazing solutions and keep customers happy.
The team is responsible for every dollar that moves through their acquiring partners, networks, and internal systems. The team’s mission is to make payments efficient, effective, and low-cost and to support their clients in a “best of breed” fashion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and develop key revenue-generating functions, including Sales, Business Development, Account Management and Revenue Operations.
- Build the sales team, Hire, train and retain a highly skilled and effective team.
- Define and execute a long-term strategy that ensures predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales results to meet company revenue growth target.
- Provide leadership and operational directions to the teams responsible for revenue generation & execution: sales, marketing and customer success and hold them accountable for results.
- Inspire and drive performance of the sales team and all revenue-driving teams to meet or exceed goals
- Responsible for all revenue generation processes and accountable for driving integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions.
- Provide support to the sales organization, drive and oversee process optimization, territory and quota development, revenue forecasting, sales compensation, and overall sales force success.
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, career development, coaching and mentoring of the sales team and sales department budget.
- Instill a customer-centric culture across all the sales and revenue teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge and experience in payments processing, ISV’s, P2P, P2B and RTP
- Current experience in bank payments, payments processing, B2C and E-commerce systems
- Proven ability to sell successfully into non-exclusive payments environments and generate opportunities in new payments markets
- Current or recent membership in the Electronic Transact Professional Organization
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven success exceeding expectations in hitting revenue targets and retaining and growing customer relationships, within a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Strong leadership skills, able to effectively hire, mentor, develop and lead a high-performing enterprise sales organization.
- Experience evaluating new markets, channels and other strategic relationships and building and optimizing predictive revenue models
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Comfortable in a high-volume, rapidly evolving and technically challenging environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in banking compliance with strong background in Payment Processing regulations
- Skilled in implementing a robust compliance management system
- Capacity to prioritize and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Vast experience with digital-only banking environments
- Emphasis on client service to both external and internal clients.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA, Masters, or Advanced Degree desirable
- Proven ability to entertain clients (ie: golf) as business development activity
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk, talking on the phone, and working on a computer.
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends and whenever the client needs you.
Annual base compensation for this role will be competitive depending on experience. The Company has a competitive benefits package.
If you are interested in this position or know of an executive who is the right fit, please contact us or forward this document. Contact information follows: Rachel Gibson, Director of Recruiting at email@example.com.