The Director Sales Operations plans, organizes, directs and leads the Sales Operations and Customer Service teams. This position is responsible for integrating business functions across the Aerospace and Industrial / Pre-Preg and Carbon Fiber Sales team and consolidating them into a management system – complete with tracking metrics, improvement requirements, issues resolutions, etc. This position is the focal point for all customer-related issues – including processing and responding-to customer issues. The Director Sales Operations is responsible for monitoring and managing all outbound shipments to ensure performance to customer expectations of delivery date, quantity and product configuration. This position will oversee and manage the cadence of the Sales organization – being the primary focal for operational metrics and sales processes.Duties And Responsibilities
Skills And Specifications
- Integrate Aerospace and Industrial / PrePreg and Carbon Fiber Inside Sales team and Systems.
- Drive continuous improvement in sales and customer support processes in alignment with Toray corporate and business unit strategies.
- Ensure alignment of sales and sales support processes with growth objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Implement and utilize tools to effectively communicate key data with global Sales Team.
- Implement and maintain the core visibility of the Sales department through analysis of key performance indicators.
- Implement and maintain a meeting cadence throughout the organization supported with standardized management tools and visibility to ensure alignment of the sales department to organizational and strategic goals.
- Manage the onboarding of new business and new customer accounts through stage-gate and other process-dependent actions.
- Manage and direct actions necessary to support growth strategies.
- Implement and maintain a management system to communicate key deliverables, assign tasks, and track progress to customer and internal objectives.
- Manage PO and Contract review processes – utilizing existing company resources.
- Develop and deploy robust Contract and Purchase Order receipt process to identify and track compliance to customer requirements, flow-downs, FARs, and other certification and/or contractual criteria.
- Act as change agent in customer service and sales processes.
- Utilize existing knowledge in LEAN and continuous improvement methodologies to improve effectiveness and efficiency of sales processes.
- Conduct workshops and gap analysis to determine areas of improvement, and develop discreet action plans to implement improvement recommendations and/or KAIZEN events.
- Responsible for managing the internal customer service staff to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Coach, train and mentor staff to develop the organization.
- Review performance and provide opportunities for personal growth and development to continually enhance the organization’s capability.
- Act as the single point of contact for any customer service issues.
- Manage and communicate with customers on status.
- Manage internal cross-functional organization for follow-up and actions required to address any customer issues.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate. At all times, Associates may be required to follow instructions and to perform other duties within a higher/lower level job upon the request of the supervisor.
Education And Qualifications
- Ability to continuously evaluate ones position with regard to the surrounding environment.
- Being able to adjust and/or prioritize actions based on a continuously changing external environment.
- Utilizing this understanding to shape others perspective.
- Being able to adjust communication style and content to the audience.
- Changing vocabulary and delivery depending on situation.
- Adapting style differently to external and internal customers and resources to ensure that positive momentum is sustained.
- Being able to manage one’s own time to ensure that business objectives are met and/or exceeded.
- Using knowledge of the business to recognize opportunities for improvement and implementing actions to address them.
- Knowledge of how systems interact (human, process, functional, market, customer, etc.…).
- Utilize this understating of dependencies and interactions to ensure that effective and efficient business and communication systems are implemented and maintained.
- Ability to mold leadership power depending on business circumstances and necessary authority.
- Utilize Authority Power, Expert Power and Referent Power as appropriate to effect a positive work environment, meet business expectations, and maintain top-level morale.
- Lead the team and connect cross-functionally to drive business success.
- Utilize experience toolset to manage in given environments.
- Utilize understanding of processes to act as subject matter expert for the Sales Organization.
- Provide process insight into business system design.
- Identify process gaps and process inefficiencies though effective interdependency mapping.
- Utilize Value Stream Mapping and other process management process to drive continuous improvement and effective communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field, and ten years’ of customer service experience – preferably in aerospace, carbon fiber, or other large program accounts in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Five years of management experience required.
- Experience in large-scale program / project management with complex requirements preferred.
- Experience in contracts review and/or Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FARs) preferred. The legal right to work in the U.S. and comply with Export Control Regulations required.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
- Toray offers a Hybrid work schedule that is designed to support flexibility. In this position. You will be expected to report to the physical work site at least 3 days (60%) each week. Days to be designated Remote days will be determined in consultation with the department leader who will look at overall operational needs and the requests of other employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Job tasks are usually performed in an office environment. Compliance with US Export Control Regulations
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). In order to comply with these regulations, applicants for employment must be a “U.S. Person” as defined by the ITAR and/or EAR. The definition of “US Person” includes U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Position frequently requires the ability to make quick decisions related to sales and marketing issues. Ability to set priorities. Ability to utilize interpersonal and teamwork skills, perform basic mathematical computations, provide analytical analysis and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are occasional. Ability to occasionally lift 10-20 pounds. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to be physically mobile.