We Offer: Full benefits, generous PTO, clear career paths, tuition reimbursement programs and much more!
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations including multiple primary and specialty care physician practice locations.
We are seeking coders with experience in intervention radiology. Remote positions are available in FL, CT, NC, SC, NY, NH, TX, AZ, NJ, PA, and MA. We will only consider applicants who reside in these states or are willing to relocate. Partial work from home, partial in office may be available for some CT residents.
Performs moderately complex billing and coding functions. Serves as a resource to others for coding and charging questions. Assists with training, and special revenue projects under the Supervisor's guidance. Coders must have experience in interventional radiology.
- Translates narrative information into ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes
- Independently performs coding, charging, and reconciliation of complex accounts to include interventional cardiovascular, radiology, or laboratory procedures to tests
- Identifies billing errors or missing revenue or charges based on raw data
- Monitors revenue reports and patient schedules daily
- Investigates and resolves issues to assure charges and billing codes are entered timely
- Assesses and identifies non-routine barriers to posting revenue and refers to the proper authority
- Independently uses the medical records to designate diagnosis codes, and procedure codes, and medical supply charges for most services
- Identifies and resolves to charge discrepancies previously generated by referencing medical records
- Independently researches billing and coding edits for diagnostic and most interventional radiology services with a high level of accuracy
- Researches and identifies action needed to post revenue
- Provides billing and coding consultation for departments without revenue staff such as the ED and Pulmonary Medicine
- Works with clinical department directors to assure smooth revenue workflows
- Identifies department-based barriers to timely revenue posting such as workflow process steps and personnel
- Participates in department performance improvement projects for revenue operations
- Identifies process and policy changes to assure revenue is posted daily
- Performs chart-to-bill audits and validates audits done by others
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position
- CPC Certification
- Data entry, MS Word, MS Excel skills
- Experience in charge capture process or medical record review
- Hospital billing and coding experience will be accepted in lieu of coding certification
- Documented proficiency in ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding as required by the position
- Minimum Experience: five years
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Finance, Health Administration, Public Health, Business Administration, or related discipline.
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 8.00
Work Shift: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Department: Diagnostic Charging and Coding
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $33.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical coding: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote