Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model . Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, over 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our AI-powered communication assistance technology. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Deal Desk Lead to join our Revenue Operations team. This person will be responsible for driving efficiency and maximizing deal value by owning day-to-day deal desk and order management operations. In addition to operational responsibilities, the Deal Desk Lead will be the strategic subject matter expert on optimizing deal structures to ensure the highest rates of success. Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations, this person will contribute directly to the success of our Organizations Revenue team as we continue to scale the function. Ultimately, they will support our vision of helping English writers around the world communicate more effectively.
As the Deal Desk Lead, you will partner closely with the Head of Sales Operations, as well as Sales and CS leaders to seamlessly execute opportunities in our sales funnel. As the first role of its kind at Grammarly, you will be hands-on while also being a strategic partner to revenue leaders. Balancing both the tactical and strategic components of the role is not an easy feat in a fast-paced environment that ebbs and flows with the Sales team. We are looking for someone who has deep deal desk and order management experience in sales or revenue operations. You will learn how to build, refine and iterate on core deal desk and order management processes as we formalize the function within Sales Operations. You will also learn how to build strong stakeholder relationships and collaborate with leaders at all levels to help support a smooth sales engine.
In Your First 30 Days, You Will
- Onboard and meet the team
- Study and internalize the Grammarly Business (GB) sales and GTM processes
- Dig into past deals to understand the sales process and run through the seller experience to facilitate your learning and understanding of their role
- Establish relationships with key collaborators in sales, CS leadership, and finance
- Create a 30-day retrospective report outlining key learnings and any potential areas for improvement
By 3 Months, You Will
- Gain an exceptional understanding of the overall sales process and is in the weeds with Quotes to Orders specifically.
- Facilitate Sales by serving as the subject matter expert on pricing, high-level product knowledge, and expected deal milestones for accurate forecasting.
- Collaborate with core GTM teams to maximize high-value deals by influencing deal structure, pricing strategy, and deal process.
- Develop a reporting and review cadence to track end-of-month deal volume to optimize operational support between order management and finance
By 6 Months, You Will
We’re looking for someone who
- Work cross-functionally with our Sales and Finance teams to drive alignment on an internal close process and reduce inefficiencies during the end of month cycle
- Facilitate the standardization of an order review process and run point on the internal workflows required
- Ensure all bookings are in line with internal processes and policies and iterate on the order review process as needed
- Drive new business and expansion bookings through deal segmentation and deal reviews with sales leadership
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is analytical and detail oriented, and aims to understand how things work by digging into details. Proactively leverages their findings to be more effective in day-to-day operations.
- Has an ownership mindset and can balance tactical and strategic work.
- Has been a trusted advisor in previous customer-facing roles.
- Is naturally driven toward making decisions that make sense for the business.
- Is comfortable solving problems both independently and as a team player.
- Has B2B SaaS experience.
- Has 4-5 years experience in Deal Desk, Order Management, or Sales Ops, or related experience with at least 2 years in Deal Desk position.
- Has Salesforce and Deal System experience (Dealhub is a plus).
- Has strong mathematical skills to effectively structure and manage deals with varying constructs.
- Has strong understanding of B2B quote to cash processes and general deal segmentation strategies.
We encourage you to apply
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust and give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts (Canada only), and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer, a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program (US), and abides by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.