Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world's health data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to unlock opportunities to accelerate medical research, and help organizations design better ways to facilitate access, affordability, and quality of care leading to better patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you're stepping onto a highly collaborative, fully remote team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team (no office locations) and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs - learn more here!
As the Manager of Sales and Operations Planning you will implement meaningful change into the Datavant resource planning process. You will tap into data and technology in order to optimize our front-line workforce in an industry moving rapidly toward digitization. You will serve as a change agent to rationalize and advocate the scale of our human footprint through processes and ensure we are staffed accordingly to serve our clients. You will utilize data and forecast modeling techniques to guide our leadership team on near term and long-term strategic planning.
- Partner with Sales, and Client Success, IT, and People teams to understand, capture and model all Provider client project demand., both active and future client needs.
- Lead an effective operations service forecasting program, modeling customer/requestor demand for each of the operational channels.
- Report out on operational performance trends with the broader team and use findings to recommend process improvements
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the portfolio.
- Understand seasonal and key cycles of the business and how those cycles may impact planning.
- Be a key thought leader for division performance to identify business unit priorities to influence decision making.
- Create scalable processes to allow for routine analytical reviews cross-departmentally
- Presenting short-term and long-term production plan projections to gain support from executive leadership teams across the organization.
- Travel up to 20%
You Will Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of relevant sales and operations forecasting experience within a service company.
- Demonstrated business acumen with a data driven focus
- Preferred leadership experience and ability to coach and mentor others
- Strong data visualization experience using Excel, with the ability to tell a story with data with Microsoft BI, Tableau, etc
- Strong analytical abilities, navigating large and complex data sets
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams and influencing strategic direction
- Experience with delivering presentations within all levels of an organization
Bonus Points if you have:
- Bachelor's degree and/or MBA
- SQL experience
- Healthcare industry experience
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences.
Even though this is a remote role, you may need to travel onsite. To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Datavant Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges are developed with the support of benchmarks (competitive San Francisco rates for US-based roles) and industry best practices.
We're building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact and less by title. This means we default to simple job titles (e.g., Software Engineer) rather than complex ones (e.g., Senior Software Engineer). The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on their level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $120,000 - $160,000.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren't even able to see if you've responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.