We exist for American workers and their employers - who are the backbone of our economy. That is where Centivo comes in - our mission is to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills.
Centivo is looking for a VP - Sales Operations to join our team!
The Vice President of Sales Operations will develop and drive the strategy and development of best-in-class process, infrastructure and instrumentation to ensure the most effective systems and procedures are realized in the sales operations teams. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer the Sales Operations leader will oversee Sales administration, Plan Documentation, Training, Sales Analytics and Stop loss reporting and RFPs. This position will also be responsible for the client support coordinators across all markets and segments served.
- Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer and Middle Market Sales Leader and Client Success Leadership to drive and support revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Design, build and maintain and/or enhance Commercial-, Executive-, and Board-level dashboards, key metrics/KPIs and reporting and analytics, including driving quarterly Board material preparation related to Sales teams. Coordinate with finance on other sales / data metrics for budgeting and projections.
- Responsible for implementation, operations, configuration, management and enhancements of Salesforce sales and needed marketing modules and other Sales tools to improve workflow and or processes within the department.
- Oversees the sales operation activities – including renewal administration/installation, coordination with needed cross-functional areas for new business quoting process and renewals, benefit implementation and maintenance.
- Oversee the RFP team and process to ensure timely and accurate response in conjunction with sales and marketing.
- Responsible for the stop loss operations, including reporting and contract administration
- In conjunction with the Sales leadership, provide digital tools and administrative support around territory planning, quota setting, allocation and tracking.
- Responsible to partner with internal operations and the Sales, Client Success, Customers, Brokers/Consultants, Distribution/Channel partners (as necessary), as well as Marketing Communications and Legal on needed communications or necessary notices to internal or external audiences.
- Responsible for building and updating the sales operations workflow and procedures for the department.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement; craft and implement solutions that drive measurable increases in sales efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Work in conjuncture with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop annual staffing and budget needs for division.
- Manage licensing requirements for internal Sales/CS team members and brokers, as required by state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for leading a rapid response team around open enrollment seasons – primarily January and July effective dates.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- A collaborative, creative, proactive, and detail-oriented team player, with an interest in helping bend healthcare's cost curve and improve outcomes for patients
- 8 years' experience in Commercial Operations, Sales and Marketing Operations, Sales Planning, and/or Sales Analytics and Reporting; health plan or insurance industry experience a plus
- 2 years leading a Commercial Operations or Sales and Marketing Operations team
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce.com
- Experience with marketing data / campaign data management techniques and tools
- Experience with business intelligence tools (E.g., Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Leadership Skills & Behaviors
- Strategic Thinking– Knack for sorting through clutter to find the best route, often by pulling up from the current complexity to identify patterns that guide future direction and allow one to narrow the options and articulate the options from which others can work backward.
- Business Acumen – A keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business situation (risks and opportunities) in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome. Critical to this is an ability to think beyond their own function.
- Systems/Analytical Thinking – Demonstrates the ability to think fluidly and integrate information. Able to anticipate non-linear and non-obvious relationships. Often includes an ability to think holistically/conceptually – very powerful when accompanied by ability to communicate & clarify tactically.
- Flexibility/Working through Ambiguity – Tendency to be energized by new experiences/perspectives that test assumptions and thinking. Considers different points of view, sometimes with fragmented information, to arrive at practical, effective, actionable next steps.
- Communicate – Managers discuss the company's vision and strategies, the department's direction and goals, and in times of crisis, what we know and don't know to make sure team members know what they need to know.
- Clarify – As managers, it's up to us to clarify what good looks like. What do we expect? What do our clients, customers or colleagues need? If our teams are not performing as expected, managers must clarify expectations and ensure understanding.
- Coach – Managers provide recognition and feedback; help team members find solutions to challenges; amplify good and filter weaker aspects of organizational culture and the work as they coach employees in their day-to-day performance and their growth and career development.
- Connect – Managers help our teams see their collective purpose and how their work connects to the greater whole. We connect people within our company and network.
- Customize – As managers, we need to understand what makes each team member unique, and then customize, tailor and adapt how we support them.
- Empathy - We treat your problem as if it is our problem. Because it is. We are always glad to help because we care.
- Resourcefulness - If it needs to be done, we'll figure it out and get it done, or make sure it gets done.
- Integrity - We do the right thing. Always. That includes placing people before profits.
- Possibility - We start with Yes.
- Reliability - We will always do what we say we will. You can count on us. Every single time.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – We treat each other with respect and listen, support and value each other's opinions as we work toward our shared goals.
Who we are:
Centivo is an innovative health plan for self-funded employers on a mission to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their medical bills. Anchored around a primary care based ACO model, Centivo saves employers 15 to 30 percent compared to traditional insurance carriers. Employees also realize significant savings through our free primary care (including virtual), predictable copay and no-deductible benefit plan design. Centivo works with employers ranging in size from 51 employees to Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit centivo.com.
Headquartered in Buffalo, NY with offices in New York City and Buffalo, Centivo is backed by leading healthcare and technology investors, including a recent round of investment from Morgan Health, a business unit of JPMorgan & Co.